1.    #1  
    Does anyone have any insight as to the 650's reliability? My company brought in 30 600's 2 years ago. Damn near 100% failure rate after 2 years. We're a software company so it wasn't like the phones were on a construction / manufacturing site.

I expect a few issues but 100% is 95% too unacceptable.

In any case, we ended going RIM. With the latest RIM news they are considering other options but I can't in good conscience recommend Treos given the history.

Has anyone had experience with lots of 10-50 or more?
    Wow.

It would be interesting to see a categorization of failure by type: battery, screen, keyboard, software. . . . . you might be able to zero in on a cause.

My 650 has been rock solid for 12 months now. . . .

Cheers, Perry.

(Maybe you guys should hire out as PDA stress testers. . . . . )
  3.    #3  
    My personal 600 was good for almost a year. I got it wet and it failed. The replacement has been good for a little over a year but now the "hot spot" in the middle of the screen is appearing.

That's why I'd like to know of any company out there that has multiple units in the field. Any 1 can be good or bad. I'm trying to get a sense as to whether they are all bad :-)

If headphone jacks are bad maybe we get everyone BT headsets. It is more $$ but less headache than replacing the units.
    I have had my 650 for 5 months now and have had no issues..
    gkaatz

The headphone jack problem will appear if people use the jack often enough. I am not sure if a bluetooth headset will cure the problem after the fact.

There is a software and hardware fix for the problem though. Volumecare, Freedom and headcold cure the problem. I have been fixing the phones permanently for $60. If you use GSM phones, just keep 1-2 spares and swap put the SIM while the phone is being repaired.

Here is a link on fixing the jack just in case you have a Technician on-site than is handy with a soldering iron.

http://treotricks.blogspot.com/2006/...ix-part-1.html

A bigger issue with that many users is that each user will configure their phone differently and there will be incompatibility issues and issues associated with buggy software. Seems BB do not have that problem.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.