Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    http://help.opera.com/operamini/1.2/en/start.html

the above helped a lot. you should be able to access it in the settings or help section oof Opera
    Palm VIIx >>>Palm 505 >>>Palm Treo 650 Palm 700p >> Palm Centro >> Palm Pre
    Well, the only thing I like about is the speed frankly... that lack of 100% nav functionality is a reall pita imo....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Not being able to access either My Yahoo page or our OWA server makes the Opera Mini functionally useless to me - has anyone been able to do accomplish these things on the Verizon network?
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    you guys got 320x320 resolution?

got only 160x160 ... what am I doing wrong?
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    So far so good for me. I have tried several betas that were all terrible. This one has been stable for the past two days. Much faster than Blazer. Better rendering than Xiino.
    Last edited by Frampton; 01/28/2006 at 09:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyber
    you guys got 320x320 resolution?

got only 160x160 ... what am I doing wrong?
    Did you get the hifi version? Did you set the Java VM prefs (from the prefs app) to use double buffering and high resolution coordinates?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by rhpt
    I installed Opera tonight successfully, but every so often it would reset the phone. Using #*#377, I get

Anyone else experience this?
    I posted on the Opera website, and apparently this is a known problem.
    http://my.opera.com/community/forums....dml?id=121370
    been using the pre-release for a while...no resets. New one, I have the same problem....
    Quote Originally Posted by Keefer Lucas
    Not being able to access either My Yahoo page or our OWA server makes the Opera Mini functionally useless to me - has anyone been able to do accomplish these things on the Verizon network?

Keefer, I was able to go to my yahoo email by going to the main yahoo page ww.yahoo.com and picking mail.

What was strange was I tried login in on my.yahoo.com and it gave me an error, but when I went to the www.yahoo.com and picked mail it already had me logged in, meaning it logged me in from my.yahoo.com , but I couldn't use the browser.

Anyway that how it worked and it did work.
    Did anyone experience the crasy jumping of the curser on a page?

I go to yahoo.com or any other page and then I use the 5 way button to scroll, but it doesn't stop until it goes to the end of the page and I can't even use the scroll bars to move? I had to press the middle button to stop, but then it stops anyware and thinks I clicked on the link (Which I technically did).
    Quote Originally Posted by needmoretoys
    Keefer, I was able to go to my yahoo email by going to the main yahoo page ww.yahoo.com and picking mail.

What was strange was I tried login in on my.yahoo.com and it gave me an error, but when I went to the www.yahoo.com and picked mail it already had me logged in, meaning it logged me in from my.yahoo.com , but I couldn't use the browser.

Anyway that how it worked and it did work.
    Yes, I eventually figured out that "work around" - its possible to access email, but the screen configuration and navigation within Yahoo Mail going this route is an almost unworkable disaster - its just plain easier to continue to use Blazer to do it the "old" way, which works fine, but for the fact that Blazer doesn't remember user names and passwords worth a sh*t.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Well I didn't like it at first because of the crashes. But after I adjusted my settings, it's been very stable. Blazer just seemed so slow and tedious. I actually find it enjoyable to surf on my Treo now.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    It is so much faster than blazer on my 600. I can actually use www.blockbuster.com now.

BTW: Some people mentioned on-line banking... ARE YOU INSANE? I would never trust ANY cell phone browser, especially ones that go through a proxy. It's one thing if some one breaks into your Email account but I would never do anything like paypal or banking. I wouldn't even do a credit card purchase on the phone.
    great app, no problems from me
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Yea I will have to say, great app to! Browsing is very pleasant now. As for online banking I just view my accoun balance , I don't do anything else
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    I messed with the JVM settings but it still occasionally will crash. All in all, I would have to say it's better than blazer although it's missing a few things. For example, you can't search for text in a page. However, if I had a gun to my head to pick one over the other it would have to be Opera.

BTW, re: on-line banking, you still have to provide login credentials to view account balance. Those credentials can be used to transfer funds. You might get your money back after an investigation but it's not worth it. You're better off using your banks automated landline touch-tone service to get balances. I don't think that any cell phone browsers use an end-to-end SSL. That means someone at your cell provider, browser proxy or sniffing the airwaves might be able to get your banking information.
    Another shortcoming, no downloads. Blazer is not much better in this regard as it will only download files to RAM. It can only download files that can exist there likfe .prc and .pdb files. It can download a zip file if you have lightnzip to process the file. It would be better if blazer could download to the SD card so you wouldn't need to have some application to handle the file.
    Quote Originally Posted by needmoretoys
    Did anyone experience the crasy jumping of the curser on a page?

I go to yahoo.com or any other page and then I use the 5 way button to scroll, but it doesn't stop until it goes to the end of the page and I can't even use the scroll bars to move? I had to press the middle button to stop, but then it stops anyware and thinks I clicked on the link (Which I technically did).
    Yup. I am getting the crazy mouse jumping you describe in your post. I think I will trying reloading it tonight to see if it will correct the problem.
    I can't login to Netflix for some reason through Opera.

Yes I've had the crazy cursor jumping. It stopped after a while.

At first I was impressed with Opera Mini, but after a while the lack of support for the Nav does get to me. Sometimes the rendering isn't very clean too.

I still use Blazer more.
    Is it possible to set up Opera as your default browser?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123