1.    #1  
    I just joined a company that uses Exchange 2003. So I tried the Versamail 3.0C ActiveSync configuration. I was baffled to see that it was going to delete all of my calendar items. After making a proper backup, I let it go, and went looking for the don't screw with my calendar option. I couldn't find it.

My Treo calendar holds a lot more than my work items, and since my company doesn't really use Exchange calender, I want my Treo to be the master for all data. I don't really trust Exchange and/or Outlook enough to handle my calendar for me. But more important: I could never live with my Treo only holding 7 days of calendar history.

I would like to use ActiveSync for E-mail, but without it forcing me to sync my calendar as well. Is this at all possible?
    Not that I am aware of. However, if your calendar info is on Outlook and your company does not sync this, I would think that when it tried to capture calendar info it would fail. For clarification, when you go into OWA you cannot view your calendar?

I use Activesync on my Cingular 650 and ever since 3.0c it has worked great. e-mail comes in every 5 minutes and my calendar is up to date. However, if you want to keep your personal calendar and work calendar seperate I am not sure if that is possible with the standard calendar that ships with the Treo.
  3.    #3  
    In Outlook there is a calender, I can see it with OWA as well. However, my company doesn't really use it, so all that is in there are some meeting requests I received over E-mail.

I think you are right that I cannot keep my personal Calendar on my Treo and still read my E-mail using ActiveSync. That makes the technology completely useless for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichieB
    I think you are right that I cannot keep my personal Calendar on my Treo and still read my E-mail using ActiveSync. That makes the technology completely useless for me.
    Same problem here. If there was an option to disable the Calendar sync to Exchange, I would be a happy camper.
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here