1.    #1  
    I have recently started having problems with several keys on the treo 650 keyboard. As it was in warranty, the Palm support rep asked me to return the device after removing all items (like sim tray/sim card/ stylus/battery/back cover)
    Is this normal? I'm just wondering whether I misunderstood the Palm support rep and that i should only remove the things that I added to the treo
    nish
    could be ok. i just replaced a flip phone and the RMA unit came naked, no front or back covers, and no battery.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nishmit
    I have recently started having problems with several keys on the treo 650 keyboard. As it was in warranty, the Palm support rep asked me to return the device after removing all items (like sim tray/sim card/ stylus/battery/back cover)
    Is this normal? I'm just wondering whether I misunderstood the Palm support rep and that i should only remove the things that I added to the treo
    nish
    This is normal, because the one they will send you will not have these things with it. Every 6 months or so I will take my treo in for a check up and usually a key or something is not working as well as I would like and I can usually talk them into trading it in for another one, they will give me one that will not have any of those things with it. Once I left my stylus in the phone and I got one back that didn't have one so I lost my stylus, I had to go buy a new one.

So it is normal, and if they send you one with all the stuff then congrats, you got extras.
    BenJoeM, what do you mean you usually take your Treo in for a check up? Do you mean you go into your phone provider's store or do you live near a P1 distributor of some sort? Am I completely off the mark?
  5.    #5  
    jaytee/BenJoeM,
    Thanks for your help! ...sending my treo off first thing tomorrow!
    nish
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joker9989
    BenJoeM, what do you mean you usually take your Treo in for a check up? Do you mean you go into your phone provider's store or do you live near a P1 distributor of some sort? Am I completely off the mark?
    I go to the phone provider's store. I am with Sprint. I usually will call and tell them I am coming and make sure they have a Treo 650 in stock, (otherwise they will try and send me one and that takes about a week.) Then I go in and I go over what is not working as it used to and they will take a look and usually (9 times out of 10) they say, we are going to replace your phone today. That is it, I have resco backup I push one button and the phone is back.

The treo is great, but the keyboard and headset jack break to easy so I like to keep my phone fresh. Plus it resets the warranty each time I get a new one.