1.    #1  
    My 650 has recently started dimming the screen after only a
    short while -- like 20-30 seconds or so. It doesn't turn the screen
    off until the set time -- I've got mine set to two minutes. I don't
    recall this behavior before. I suppose it helps the battery life,
    but it's annoying.

Anyone else seen this?

Mark
    I have mine set to 3 minutes and sometimes it just dims after a few seconds. I have no idea what is causing it.
  3.    #3  
    The weird thing is that I don't remember it doing that before. And I
    don't know what started it. Perhaps a recent update? Can't recall.

Mark
    Try a soft reset. This happens to me every once in a while and a soft reset usually fixes it.
    Thanks for replying to that post, the soft reset does fix it for me. But eventually, it starts dimming again. I suspect what's causing it, is when I get a call while the treo650 is connected to the cable and charging. That might be the thing that sets it into the dimming mode again. Not sure, just a hunch.
    I've experienced this too. I thought I was crazy becasue it seems to do it sometimes and other times it doesn't. Does you keyboard backlight also dim? Mine does.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    If you guys are using x.xx-CNG software, consider yourself are lucky guys, because it is the pre-set of CNG software in order to save battery. Eventhough you set 3 minutes, the screen still goes off after 30 sec.
    If you don't like it, install the profile care or flash your Treo 650 with 1.13-ROW or 1.20-ENA.
    I'm Cingular. But it still seems sporadic. Hey do any of you guys have problems with your call timer stopping at 31 seconds?
    I have produced an application that solves this problem called StopDim. It not only fixes this auto off bug but it also prevents the Treo's screen from going black during a phone call.

DOWNLOAD: http://gotreosoftware.com/modules.ph...p=getit&lid=34

Jeff
    I've run into this problem twice. Once was a few weeks back and I think I needed to do a hard reset to fix the problem. The second time was just a few days ago and so far a soft reset seems to have fixed the probelm.

I'm pretty sure that in both cases, a "low battery" condition triggered the behavior. I let the batter get very low (quite a bit into the red zone) before recharging it. As it started to get lower, the screen began dimming automatically after a few seconds of being idle (instead of turning off automaticaly on the 2 minute interval set in the Power settings). However, this power-saving setting was retained even after I recharged the battery to full.

Just a guess, but this seems to be a bug in the OS, where it doesn't reset the status of this power-saving screen-dimming feature after the battery is recharged.
    Yes, this has always gone on. I think it all Treo's. I just learned this little trick, not sure if it helps it, but you can try it. To Dim/UnDim, click on Shift Key(under the letter A), then click on the Arrow(Up) Button(the key under (.)the period. When it Dims try that see if it works, I haven't had the chance yet, to try it.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by treoluv
    If you guys are using x.xx-CNG software, consider yourself are lucky guys, because it is the pre-set of CNG software in order to save battery. Eventhough you set 3 minutes, the screen still goes off after 30 sec.
    If you don't like it, install the profile care or flash your Treo 650 with 1.13-ROW or 1.20-ENA.
    It looks like this is a Cingular issue but I'm not that certain yet unless other users can check this out. Two weeks ago I was outside of the U.S. and therefore using a different network and guess what, I never had this problem the whole time. As soon as I got back with the Cingular network, the sporadic 30 second dimming resumed
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????