1.    #1  
    I'm having a lot of annoying problems with my 650, so before I take it back for an exchange, I wanted to try a hard reset.

I did the hard reset. Then I did a hot sync to get all my contacts, calendar, etc back on it. I realized after a few minutes that the hot sync seems to have restored everything on my phone back to it's prior state (before the hard reset). It seems to me if I'm trying to start fresh and see if I still have the same problems, that sort of defeats the purpose. I could have sworn that in the past when I've done a hard reset, all I got back was basic information after hot syncing.

What do I need to change in my Hot Sync settings so that all I get back is Outlook data?

FYI, just a few of the problems I'm having are (and some have been discussed here)

- long periods of solid white screen when switching between programs
    - delays from dialing to connection (which I thought was supposed to have been fixed in one of the updates)
    - sometimes when making a call, it just gets stuck on "dialing" and never goes to "active." It will do this 3 or 4 times in a row, when I seem to have a perfectly good signal, until I have to call someone ELSE just, like, jar the damn thing into working.
    - lots of dropped calls
    - lots of voice mails that pop in when the phone never rang
    - slow response to hanging up when I'm dialing a call and it's ringing (ie, I'm waiting for them to answer and I realize I dialed the wrong number or something)
    - Takes an incredibly long time to switch from Roaming back to normal, for example I'm roaming in a parking garage. Sometimes I get all the way home and it still hasn't come out of roaming mode.

Anyway, bottom line is, if some of this stuff doesn't cease after a hard reset, it's going back.

Any input to any or all of this is very appreciated!

Cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson
    I'm having a lot of annoying problems with my 650, so before I take it back for an exchange, I wanted to try a hard reset.

I did the hard reset. Then I did a hot sync to get all my contacts, calendar, etc back on it. I realized after a few minutes that the hot sync seems to have restored everything on my phone back to it's prior state (before the hard reset). It seems to me if I'm trying to start fresh and see if I still have the same problems, that sort of defeats the purpose. I could have sworn that in the past when I've done a hard reset, all I got back was basic information after hot syncing.

What do I need to change in my Hot Sync settings so that all I get back is Outlook data?
    Jefferson: there might be an easier way of doing this, but if you hard reset, then create a new hotsync ID. That way it won't sync over everything onto your treo (which seems to be what you have done thusfar.) I think there are a couple of threads around on how to do this...search for 600 to 650 upgrade or something.)

You can export and import your outlook data as well.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

The easiest way is to rename your backup directory on your computer, usually c:\\palmone\"username"\backup then when you hotsync it will restore all your PIM data but nothing else. You can look through your renamed backup file to see if there is anything there you want but it is best to manually reinstall all your apps one by one.