Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've found what looks like a bug in Handmark Express.

When I set Express to auto update Monday through Friday at 7:20am only and not on Saturday or Sunday I run into a problem with manual updates.

If I try to do a manual update on Saturday or Sunday, Express goes into a never ending loop of updateing. The only way to stop it is to try and hit the settings button after hitting cancel between update loops. A soft reset is even worse, cause now it's even harder to get to the settings button.

Has anyone else seen this? Oh, and manual updates on Monday-Friday have no problem it's only on Sat/Sun if they aren't part of the auto-update selection.

I've tryied completely removing the handmark express software (from the palm and desktop) and reinstalling. I've seen the problem with the 1.13 and 1.20 firmwares for the Unlocked GSM treo 650.
  2.    #2  
    Hmm, I guess not, or everyong get's their updates every day, or no one uses Handmark express... hmm....
    I use it but not for scheduled updates. I update manually. I have not had any problems.

Try re-installing over-the-air from their web site (shown in Menu-ExpressOnline).

My version # is 2.0 (r1363)
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Mine has been doing the same thing. It is maddening when it happens b/c it takes nearly perfect timing to get out of the loop! I spent about 20 mins the other day trying to get it to stop.

I like the suggestion of turning off the auto updates, and will see if this helps.

Btw...I have a Sprint Treo 650 w/the latest updater 1.12.
  5.    #5  
    Luminary, Check and see if you get these reset loops on days that you do or don't have auto-updates set. Curious to see if days without autoupdates set are what trigger the update loops.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    I use it but not for scheduled updates. I update manually. I have not had any problems.

Try re-installing over-the-air from their web site (shown in Menu-ExpressOnline).

My version # is 2.0 (r1363)
    If you are only doing manual updates and no scheduled updates, you probably will never see the update loop. If I turn off all scheduled updates the software runs flawlessly. It's only when I have auto updates set, and when running a manual update on a day that doesn't have an autoupdate set.

I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software many times, many ways, that unfortunetly doesn't fix it. Thanks though.
    Waht versions (including release #) are you guys running?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  8.    #8  
    Currently I'm running Express v.2.0 (r1363) same as you.
    Same here....the most recent version. I have turned off the auto-updates, and so far so good.
    Have you guys reported this to Handmark?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I did yesterday.
  12.    #12  
    Yes, I did about a week ago. Been back and forth a couple of emails with them about it, but no resolution yet.
  13.    #13  
    Well, if there are any brave Treo 650 users out there with Express, would you mind testing to see if you also see this problem this weekend (just to confirm it's not just the two of us). Once the the update loop starts, all you have to do is keep hitting cancel and try to hit the settings button on the bottom of the express application in between, the loops stop soon as you get into settings and then you can change the settings back to your default. Would just help in getting the Express people to fix it if there are more confirmed cases. Thanks.
    I know this doesn't fix a problem that should be fixed, (Never encountered it because I have always done manual updates.) but could you just set the auto-updates to also occur on Saturday and Sunday at 7:20am, if the looping only occurs when you try to do a manual update on a day you do not have selected for auto-updates?

Cheers, Perry.
  15.    #15  
    Yes, that does avoid the problem (and is currently what I'm doing), but I'm hoping to get them to really fix this.

It would be very helpfull to those of us who are tyring to count there KB because of network plans that aren't unlimited transfers. On the weekdays I like having my updates before the commute into work, but on the weekends, it is only something I uses on occasion if I really need to.
    Understood.

(One get's spoiled on Sprint's $10 data plan, and doesn't think in calorie counting ways.)

Cheers, Perry.
  17.    #17  
    Oh if only I had the option of a unlimited $10 data... I'm on an old AT&T plan which is very cheap for voice minutes ($49.99 nation wide free roaming, 2 lines, 550 minutes, unlimited N/W and MtoM), yet very expensive data $2.99 just to have the priviledge of paying for data by the KB, $24.99 for unlimited.

So hence, I'm trying to conserve my KB to try and stick to a 1MB plan for $7.99. (I really don't use the net portion that much..)
  18.    #18  
    Well, I just receieved an email from Handmark saying they put out a new release that should fix this issue. I'll find out this weekend when I test it out.
    Please let us know when the update comes out. I don't think one can tell from their web site when a maintainance release comes out ...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  20.    #20  
    The new version can be downloaded from handmarks website. The new version is v2.0.1 (r1377). I'll find out Saturday if the bug is fixed.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast