Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I wanted a good phone ringer management and tried the following

mring
    callfilter
    lightwav

I am not sure which one to go for . What i want in the software is setting mp3 as a ringtone and set some rules and if possible have a video or image as a caller image (which lightwav provides)

I checked the callfilter , but wasn't impressed with the interface and the features , let alone the bugs it had .....

So i wanted to know which ones do you all use and which is the best (or near best) software
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    may want to add ringo as well
    I had lots a trouble w/ callfilter also.
    Tried even the latest beta.
    Some say that the prob. is with our 3rd party apps.
    But why should I get rid of the apps I like.
    No, the prob is with Callfilter.
    I am currently using MRing.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Callfilter, caused me a lot of problems, eventually corrupting my message database, so I went to ringo and haven't looked back, it has had a few bugs, but no resets that I can see that are related to ringo.

Good Luck
    mring

easy to setup and works great for me.

what ever sound you want with what ever category and or number you want

You can get another vote from me for Ringo pro. For some odd reasons, my ringtones will not play all the way till the end. Nothing can fix that. Which is no big deal though. Its really is stable. I have tried the Mring and which is also very good. If I hadn't bought ringo, I would go for Mring. Now I wish I can exchange them.LOL.

Dang...TMobile Internet is so slowwwwwww.
    Treo 90>>>Clie T615>>>ppc viewsonic V36>>>UX50+128MB+TH55>>>SE P900>>>Treo650+256mb+512mbSD>>>Cingular 8525+1gb>>>Current Palm Centro+2gb & AT&T Tilt+2gb
    Quote Originally Posted by mutantblack
    Dang...TMobile Internet is so slowwwwwww.
    Then you should try Verizon!

... it'll make you feel much better about t-mo
    I like Phone Technician.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    After trying a few of them, I landed on mRing. Easy to setup and I have never had a reset (something I can't say about the others).
  10.    #10  
    Thanks for your response.
    I finally settled down with Ringo. It has a simple and easy to use interface with right set of features needed. I have yet to try the Announce caller (as it needs a thrid-party s/w epspeak)
    mRing has lot more features but i found it little hard to set it up . Not very intuitive.

So Ringo gets my vote.
    what are the price differences for mring and Ringo Pro?
    I just go the latest version of Ringo, and can't get it to ring with the tone I've assigned to a caller. Instead, Ringo uses the default.

Or, it could be using what I have programmed into the Palm's Sound App, or Milan's Profiles. I should change them up so I can distinguish.

I used Nokia's program a while back to convert MP3s to AMRs so I wouldn't need a ringtone manager, since everything seemed to reset my device.

when I send an SMS to my Treo, the ringer goes off without a hitch.

Any ideas?

Is it a conflict with the Phone App or Profiles? or Agendus?
    I am using MRing now, and for the most part am very satisfied. However I am not able to adjust the volume for any ringers, despite changing profiles? ideas?
    Using CallFilter 1.31...no problem at all...and the "Announcing Number" 'ringtone' is excellent.
    I'll give CallFilter a spin. I really like its concept.
    I've been using CallFilter for awhile now, no problems. Tried Ringo, but it just didn't match the feature set of CallFilter.
    We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
    I cast my vote for mring. Handles all formats and hasn't caused a crash yet.

J
    I've been using RingoPro recently and it has worked flawlessly....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    How did you get Ringo Pro to work? It isnt playing the mp3 assigned for me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast