Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. pdadoc's Avatar
    Posts
    407 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
       #1  
    I *know* there has been lots written on this, and I've tried to look thru it. I'd really appreciate from those in the know (shadowmite and other experts out there) that at this point there really is no way to free up memory (RAM) with a custom ROM on a verizon 650? Thanks.

    (I miss those old days when a developer had an app to free up memory in ROM by dumping stupid apps there, and then a tool to transfer apps to ROM)
  2. #2  
    Bump.
  3. MashBill's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #3  
    Amen! Brayder's JackFlash and JackSprat where excellent programs!
  4. #4  
    I must have missed something because I thought you could do a custom ROM for the Verizon 650. While I now realize most of the posts were about Sprint, why wouldn't it work with Verizon? Since I was thinking about doing it this weekend, pdadoc rasises an important question.
  5. #5  
    You can, I think it is just no one has done one for it. I don't have a Verizon Treo accessible to me or I would give it a try.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  6. #6  
    Yes, it is possible per this thread:

    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=99749

    Could folks post their Verizon 1.04 Custom ROM experiences, including removed apps, included apps, and anything else they think important?

    I am particularly interested to know if anyone has successfully removed Verizon Wireless Sync and Versamail without any problems? No gotchas here? What about that stupid Downloads link?

    Damon
  7. #7  
    Bump.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93
    Yes, it is possible per this thread:

    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=99749

    Could folks post their Verizon 1.04 Custom ROM experiences, including removed apps, included apps, and anything else they think important?

    I am particularly interested to know if anyone has successfully removed Verizon Wireless Sync and Versamail without any problems? No gotchas here? What about that stupid Downloads link?

    Damon
    Yeah, that thread gives you a link for some custom VZW roms. To get rid of mail, you modify the rom with the Shadowmite rom tool and delete mail.prc and synclient.prc. I have done this and it works great. Also read the thread on custom roms.
  9. #9  
    Has anyone tried adding FAT32 or Fast Mode Blazer to his/her Verizon 1.04 ROM?

    Damon
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93
    Has anyone tried adding FAT32 or Fast Mode Blazer to his/her Verizon 1.04 ROM?

    Damon
    Fat32 works fine for me.
  11. #11  
    No one has tried the Fast Mode Blazer ROM customization on a Verizon 650?

    Damon
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93
    No one has tried the Fast Mode Blazer ROM customization on a Verizon 650?

    Damon

    Yes it has been tried many times on both Sprint and VZW and its a no go. ufortunately

    I did a custom ROM I removed everything on shadowmites files list http://www.shadowmite.com/filelist.pdf
    and everything that has a esES at the end of it to get rid of all the spanish files, I added Fat32 and also used the 7.1 ROMupdaterapp to repartion the drive so that only 7.1m is allotted to ROM instead of the regular 8.4. I added a couple games to take up the full 7.1 and so far its been running great, just as stable as before.
  13. #13  
    Also has anyone figured out how to delete the "welcome" app from ROM?

    that is the only thing that i could not find to delete.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost
    Yeah, that thread gives you a link for some custom VZW roms. To get rid of mail, you modify the rom with the Shadowmite rom tool and delete mail.prc and synclient.prc. I have done this and it works great. Also read the thread on custom roms.

    I found 7 more files that appear to be part of the Wireless Sync crap.

    I deleted from rom the following.
    sslplus.prc
    syszlib.prc
    FileSync.prc
    FrameworkdDB.pdb
    EADB.pdb
    EAContentDB.pdb
    IFDConfig.pdb
    mail.prc
    syncclient.prc
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin17
    I found 7 more files that appear to be part of the Wireless Sync crap.

    I deleted from rom the following.
    sslplus.prc
    syszlib.prc
    FileSync.prc
    FrameworkdDB.pdb
    EADB.pdb
    EAContentDB.pdb
    IFDConfig.pdb
    mail.prc
    syncclient.prc
    If you deleted these, you're braver than me. Like I said, the mail and synclient can go. How did you figure out the others?
  16. #16  
    some googling and comparing of what i had in my verizon rom, and what was present in a Sprint and Cing ROM.

    so far so good. got rid of another 200k from my ROM
  17. #17  
    After a few false starts, I had success tonight with a Verizon 1.04 ROM customization. See this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=110280

    As of now, everything is great. I successfully pared down my Verizon 1.04 ROM, added FAT32, and uploaded it to the Treo. This added 3MB to the DBCache. The system response seemed quicker after doing this. I then was successfully able to repartition the ROM partition adding 1.3MB to the available RAM.
  18. #18  
    Be sure not to remove SyncMedia.prc, as it will prevent you from being able to Hotsync.
  19. #19  
    im guessing verizon renamed their "wireless sync" software, cause I can't find Syncclient anywhere on the ROM. Anyone know where it is is Verizon's 1.05A Build?

Posting Permissions