Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1.    #1  
    Running GSM unlocked Treo 650, upgraded (?) to firmware 1.20 today, noticed the following issues after the install:-

    1. Always does a soft reset after a hot synch.

    2. Contacts now seem to be sorted in a random fashion, and cannot change. Tried hot synch desktop to overwrite contacts - desktop is alpha but Treo still not alpha).

    3. Smileys no longer show as symbols in sent sms, only as :-( or whatever. In my received sms some show, some don't.

    4. Diversion icon does not show if a) all calls diverted then phone off, then b) phone back on with all calls still diverted. (At least there is now a diversion icon when the phone is on, then diverted unconditionally).

    Anyone else have these problems at all? Any work arounds?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Phillips
    Running GSM unlocked Treo 650, upgraded (?) to firmware 1.20 today, noticed the following issues after the install:-

    1. Always does a soft reset after a hot synch.
    Not at all for me

    Quote Originally Posted by John Phillips
    2. Contacts now seem to be sorted in a random fashion, and cannot change. Tried hot synch desktop to overwrite contacts - desktop is alpha but Treo still not alpha).
    Not at all for me

    Quote Originally Posted by John Phillips
    3. Smileys no longer show as symbols in sent sms, only as :-( or whatever. In my received sms some show, some don't.
    I can see them only if I display the message sigularly (both sent and received). Nothing in chat view

    Quote Originally Posted by John Phillips
    4. Diversion icon does not show if a) all calls diverted then phone off, then b) phone back on with all calls still diverted. (At least there is now a diversion icon when the phone is on, then diverted unconditionally).
    Not tested yet.

    Anyone else have these problems at all? Any work arounds?[/QUOTE]
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Phillips
    Running GSM unlocked Treo 650, upgraded (?) to firmware 1.20 today, noticed the following issues after the install:-

    1. Always does a soft reset after a hot synch.
    Not for me

    Quote Originally Posted by John Phillips
    2. Contacts now seem to be sorted in a random fashion, and cannot change. Tried hot synch desktop to overwrite contacts - desktop is alpha but Treo still not alpha).
    No. Just like they always were.

    Quote Originally Posted by John Phillips
    3. Smileys no longer show as symbols in sent sms, only as :-( or whatever. In my received sms some show, some don't.
    Some show some don't (in both sent and received). Used to be ok (always)

    Quote Originally Posted by John Phillips
    4. Diversion icon does not show if a) all calls diverted then phone off, then b) phone back on with all calls still diverted. (At least there is now a diversion icon when the phone is on, then diverted unconditionally).
    I haven't had a diverted call yet.

    Biggest problem I have is Blazer crashing the Treo while starting a GPRS session. I'm thinking of going back to the previous Firmware/Software because of this.
  4. #4  
    Same as vittogn on the emoticons in messages, only when chat mode is off. None of the other problems but haven't tried diverting calls.
  5. #5  
    "Biggest problem I have is Blazer crashing the Treo while starting a GPRS session. I'm thinking of going back to the previous Firmware/Software because of this."



    Are you in the UK. I had same problem and someone on this board helped me. Palm has changed the way it handles proxy server. So go the blazer pref>advanced tab>set proxy and dont check any of the boxes.

    I hope this helps
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by aphormis
    "Biggest problem I have is Blazer crashing the Treo while starting a GPRS session. I'm thinking of going back to the previous Firmware/Software because of this."



    Are you in the UK. I had same problem and someone on this board helped me. Palm has changed the way it handles proxy server. So go the blazer pref>advanced tab>set proxy and dont check any of the boxes.

    I hope this helps
    Hi aphormis,

    I was the 'someone on this board'! Although unchecking the proxy boxes allows you to connect, it doesn't make Blazer on my Treo stable.

    Is Blazer stable for you?
  7. #7  
    Marcol

    I am so sorry for referring to you as "someone" - i was posting from my treo and could not remember your name. PLs forgive

    I am finding Blazer to be very stable- what issues are you having ??
    Everything seems ok to me now. But to be honest i tend to just GPRS to collect email from Versamail
    Let me know
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by aphormis
    Marcol

    I am so sorry for referring to you as "someone" - i was posting from my treo and could not remember your name. PLs forgive
    Absolutely nothing to forgive! I see that I wasn't the first to post the advice anyway

    Quote Originally Posted by aphormis
    I am finding Blazer to be very stable- what issues are you having ??
    Everything seems ok to me now. But to be honest i tend to just GPRS to collect email from Versamail
    Let me know
    I was getting soft resets on launch but (fingers crossed) that seems to be solved now. The full story in this thread :

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=105163
  9. #9  
    Hi,

    I have a different problem - have my Backup (built-in application from Palm) scheduled to do a backup at 6:00am, now after the ROM update, if the device is off when the time arrives - the screen turns on, with the Backup dialog ("backup scheduled for...") and the KeyGuard dialog above it.

    And it stays stuck at this until I release the KeyGuard !!!
    This was not the case before the upgrade ! it used to count down, then do the backup, then turn off.

    Anyone else expiriencing this ?

    Thanks
    Shimon.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  10. #10  
    I don't have much issues with the new firmware, only still an annoying echo with my carkit, and the battery drains faster than with the old firmware? ok, the Treo performs better, maybe that that has something to do with batterylife? Or am I the only one who's experiencing that?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by astra
    I don't have much issues with the new firmware, only still an annoying echo with my carkit, and the battery drains faster than with the old firmware? ok, the Treo performs better, maybe that that has something to do with batterylife? Or am I the only one who's experiencing that?
    Hi,

    Have you tried any scheduled backup/email fetch/etc. ?

    Regarding the battery drain - I suspect it has something to do with the Bluetooth policy - it seems to keep a connection with a nearby headset alive.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Hi,

    Have you tried any scheduled backup/email fetch/etc. ?

    Regarding the battery drain - I suspect it has something to do with the Bluetooth policy - it seems to keep a connection with a nearby headset alive.
    There is an automated backup scheduled every night, but that was there also before I upgraded. I did a hard reset by the way, and freshly installed all my applications after the new firmware.

    concerning the battery drain, I don't think it has anything to do with bluetooth, those settings are thesame also, but I can always give it a try
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by astra
    There is an automated backup scheduled every night, but that was there also before I upgraded. I did a hard reset by the way, and freshly installed all my applications after the new firmware.

    concerning the battery drain, I don't think it has anything to do with bluetooth, those settings are thesame also, but I can always give it a try
    Hi,

    The settings are the same, but operation seems to have changed - it used to be when I made a call I had to activate (select) the BT headset on every call (press the button on it).
    Now as long as the BT headset is near, and ON - ALL calls go through it.
    I find it good, just that it seems to implement this the Treo may be polling for near headsets every now and then...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  14. #14  
    My BT is on 24 hrs/day with no battery drain before or after the update. Make sure that you have discoverable set to "no". It seems to default to "yes" after the update and when it is discoverable it will likely respond to any nearby bluetooth signal to see if it is trying to pair.
  15. #15  
    I had before updated to 650-1.20-Apr. without tutorial and realplayer.
    Now I have tried the "offical" version von Palm Malaysia. After the backup it is stuck with the comment 'Device version invalid'and PalmUpdate05 - RemoteCall (1312 = 'CarrierID Mismatch - SCar(ENA) SRev(1.20) DCar(APR) DRev(1.20)') in the log file
    What can I do?
    If I use 120 LAP is than Tutorial and Player back again or can I avoid this?
  16. #16  
    ok, then it is problably just me thinking that the battery is draining we'll see
  17. #17  
    Just as a follow up to the bluetooth and battery issue. It is now 24 hours since I charged my Treo and bluetooth was on the entire time. I have made 21 minutes of calls all on the bluetooth headset, done 1 bluetooth hotsync plus about 4 cable hotsyncs trying to get a picture small enough to send 2 almost maximum size MMSs, sent at least 15 other SMSs and used PIM and 3rd party apps fairly extensively. Battery is now at 70%. I am using the APR update but got about the same results with a few days on the ENA update.
  18. #18  
    No issues with the above, however, GPRS issues it seems for me:

    Installed OEM 1.20 ROM on factory unlocked GSM phone. Prior could easily get GPRS signal/login and use easily. Since it is free here (Costa Rica), for the time being, no account or password is needed. Just the APN.

    Since new ROM update, can not get onto the GPRS system.

    Is there a phone/GPRS preferences file, or something (from the previous ROM/backup) I am missing to get this going?

    I did backup everything before the flash, and restored everything... all else seems to be working fine, phone included.

    Thanks for the help.

    Maria
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Hi,

    I have a different problem - have my Backup (built-in application from Palm) scheduled to do a backup at 6:00am, now after the ROM update, if the device is off when the time arrives - the screen turns on, with the Backup dialog ("backup scheduled for...") and the KeyGuard dialog above it.
    Which Palm-supplied backup software is this?

    Are you scheduling a Hotsync at that time?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Which Palm-supplied backup software is this?

    Are you scheduling a Hotsync at that time?
    My mistake.

    Actually its BackupBuddyVFS.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions