1. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Since I ran the update (unlocked GSM, updated yesterday to 1.20), my Treo has been spontaneously trying to sync (i.e. the Treo initiates a sync without any prompting from me or pushing of any buttons). Last night and this morning, this was happening without the Treo plugged into anything. I called in to Palm, they had me do a couple of hard resets and delete/reload Palm Desktop. Now, instead of happening randomly, it happens sometimes (about 50-50) when I connect the Treo to a cradle or cable.

I've tried these combinations:

1) Treo in cradle--spontaneous sync every time

2) disconnect cradle from cable, plug cable into Treo--happens some of the time

3) Treo on 2nd cable--hasn't happened yet

4) Treo on 2nd cable + cradle--happens every time

Can anyone provide some input as to what may be causing this issue?
    Did you run the updater through your *active* HotSync profile or did you create a Temporary profile to perform the upgrade, then HotSync your active profile after the upgrade was complete?

Did you run the Palm updater or a custom version?
  3. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Temp profile and Palm updater.
    Read this discussion. The issue is because of the temp profile. I suggest you re-run the updater on your *active* HotSync profile. It is important that Palm's instructions are followed *exactly*. Good luck. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif

The 2nd page of this discussion explains what is happening.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=105089
    Last edited by CraniumFunk; 01/23/2006 at 09:02 AM.
  5. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraniumFunk
    Read this discussion. The issue is because of the temp profile. I suggest you re-run the updater on your *active* HotSync profile. It is important that Palm's instructions are followed *exactly*. Good luck. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif
    Been there. Did just that yesterday morning (on my PC at home rather than work, where I'd run it on the temp profile). No joy. Called Palm--4 times tonight because I kept getting cut off!!! And now I'm back to the "totally spontaneous sync even when not plugged in" state*--and the icing on the cake: I occasionally have to pull the battery multiple times to power on, and got stuck in a reset loop that I had to hard-reset my way out of.

I'm suspecting in this case that there's more than the update at issue, i.e. something in the hardware.

Oh, and the carrier profiles file is at 255. Whatever else is going on from the update, that file seems copasetic.

*as opposed to the "sync right when you connect the Treo, no buttons pushed, to some--though not all--cradles or cables" state
  6. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Ok, warranty exchange unit now on the way...