1.    #1  
    After about a month and a half of 98% perfect use. my treo has been acting up this week really bad. It all has to do with sms. Earlier this week I received a message from my friend, and everytime I clicked on it, my phone would reset it's self. weird. Today I received a text message, so i clicked on it, and my phone resets. After the reset it said I had a message but my folder was empty. Which made me mad cause I had a lot of texts in there. So what I did was a ahrd reset, and deleted my ,essages in my back up folder. Is this a common problem with Treo's? I text a lot about 1000 a month. After thinking that the Treo was not that bad, makes me think a little about how reliable they are?

Thanks in advance
    I do anywhere from 500-1000 msgs a month. I had this problem once. Usually a corrupt messages_database.pdb file. Deleting it should fix the prob.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Older Volume Care releases also did this? Do you use Volume Care? Do you have the latest version?
  4.    #4  
    No i do not use volume care. But all my messages are long gone. since I deleted the message folder in the back up folder.

Thanks though guys
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian studen
    No i do not use volume care. But all my messages are long gone. since I deleted the message folder in the back up folder.

Thanks though guys
    Did that cure the problem?

I use BackupBuddy and do a Checkpoint weekly. This allows me to go back to a "certain point in time" in restoring a particular file, i.e., before the corruption occurred in that file. In this way, you may have been able to salvage most of what is in the file -- since the corruption was probably recent.

Just a thought for the future.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/22/2006 at 10:02 PM.