Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    taylorh, khaytsus,

Strange. I've run it perhaps ten time times over the past couple of days, no problem at all. The PI site has a user comment mentioning Good Link as a problem:

http://www.freewarepalm.com/clock/palminternals.shtml

I guess other apps may interfere too.
    Quote Originally Posted by bongarcon
    I have the same problem with the 1.20/1.71 update when starting Blazer.
    In the end, I give up Blazer and switch to Xiino, which is far batter than Blazer.
    Faster, no crash at all.
    I really recommend Xiino.
    I like Xiino too for its speed, but it its rendering of some pages is just awful.

Quote Originally Posted by bongarcon
    BTW, is there anyway to set xiino as the default browser ??
    Prefs>Default apps
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    I think you mtn "it's" not "I've". Palminternals crashes on my 1.28 FW as well every time I scan the databases, resco locking everything relevant, etc.. I just don't let it scan anymore.
    OMG, I didn't even realized that you didn't have to scan. I never tried the "no" option after which you just go in and hit the notif. button.

Well after locking my background apps, neither Palminternals (scan) or Blazer crash anymore. THIS FIX WORKS!

My locked apps are:
    XPress Mail (from Cingular)
    Fonts4OS5 (mainly for getting hi res fonts in Xiino)
    LEDOff
    NetSelect
    Profiles

That's it. XPress mail is the biggest contributor to the memory usage in this case. However all of the others, even as small as they are, make a difference. If I don't lock them I will eventually get a crash.

Thanks for this awesome fix. It makes my Treo useful again.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    OMG, I didn't even realized that you didn't have to scan. I never tried the "no" option after which you just go in and hit the notif. button.
    Heh. Glad I said it that way then.

Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    Well after locking my background apps, neither Palminternals (scan) or Blazer crash anymore. THIS FIX WORKS!
    Wish it did for me.. All my relevant applications are locked.. I'm not in a hurry to try to isolate what's making it crash though. I just won't use that functionality I suppose.

Has anyone run dslreports.com/mspeed before and after locking their apps?
    Locked volumecare and card keeper then my data speed shot up higher than ever...

my normal speeds are about 115k...highest ever was about 133k

first run after locking......164k on the 600k file....

the downloads used to pause for a second or two...now it is just smooth and the numbers fly by.

anyone care to run their own test and let us know?
    Can I ask a question?

When you say you are locking a backround application what are you doing.

Are you locking the application with something like Filez and what is this Resco utility thats been mention here.

It does what?

Thanks

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054
    Can I ask a question?
    When you say you are locking a backround application what are you doing.
    Are you locking the application with something like Filez and what is this Resco utility thats been mention here.
    It does what?
    Thanks
    Rob
    Go back to page 1 of this thread and read Macol's post #11:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...2&postcount=11
    This should answer your question.

Resco Locker is the name of the applicaiton:
    http://www.resco.net/palm/locker/default.asp
    It's intended use is to lock applications in memory for backward compatability of apps that are not written for NVFS and to make them load faster because they're already lock. Read the description at the URL above.
    It's a free utility that they offer.

-Taylor
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by madcap

Has anyone run dslreports.com/mspeed before and after locking their apps?
    Locked volumecare and card keeper then my data speed shot up higher than ever...

my normal speeds are about 115k...highest ever was about 133k

first run after locking......164k on the 600k file....

the downloads used to pause for a second or two...now it is just smooth and the numbers fly by.

anyone care to run their own test and let us know?
    My normal speed is roughly 85kbps. I'm getting 134 right now. I think you're right and I'm getting less pauses thus increasing the download speed.
    My highest ever was 186kbps but I haven't seen much above 100 in about 9 months. I think you're right and this has reduced pauses and increased download rate.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    BUMP BUMP BUMP!

I finally fixed all my resets with 1.20......

how many people having lots of resets with 1.20 are using java?????

LOCK J9 Java Launcher with resco

I have been wearing my battery out, torturing my sd card, constant speed tests in blazer, loaded my guaranteed to crash apps, ran backups...flat out have beat this memory wise to crash.....and i finally win NO MORE RESETS!

want to bet we see a java update real soon....
    figures it would be something from palm that caused problems with something from palm....after hearing all this "third party app problem"
    My blazer was reseting the treo so randomly I had no idea what was causing it. I got rescoe locker and locked volume care and the java launcher and I have been purposely trying to make it crash and it won't. I think the speed has even improved!

Regards!
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    Quote Originally Posted by D0lphin
    My blazer was reseting the treo so randomly I had no idea what was causing it. I got rescoe locker and locked volume care and the java launcher and I have been purposely trying to make it crash and it won't. I think the speed has even improved!

Regards!
    what version volumecare? jeff started locking it a while ago.....

I also ended up deleting java...locking it took too much memory and I still got a crash once in a while...today is the 18th and i haven't had a crash since the 8th. I did have to reset once to download a 700k file with blazer since it said "not enough memory for download", a soft reset and i had enough memory again
    Last edited by madcap; 03/18/2006 at 07:40 AM.
    I have FW 1.51 with the 1.17 6590 ing. software. I just installed Resco Lock, and saw that both Butler & VolumeCare (downloaded latest version and installed last week) are both locked and protected already, which perhaps is why I have not had this problem.

So maybe just an update to the newest versions of the apps that seem to cause the problem may be an alternate fix.
    I'm having random resets with Blazer since my 1.20ENA also. is locking background apps the only way to fix this?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12