Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I apologize if this has been covered, but I can't get a straight answer from lurking.

I've had a few palms, but this is my first PDA phone (sorta... I returned a 700w bcs I couldn't deal with WM5). I have a few questions:

1) I'm paying for text messaging & email. I thought there was a "push" option, but I can't figure out what to do. I have Verizon with Wireless Sync, but it only checks every 15 mins. I need faster response than that. I'll can the data package after 3 months if I need to pay for both ($45 for data, $10 for text). I've seen Chatter, but my email providers (.Mac, comcast.net) don't do "IDLE".

2) Does DUN require an ISP, or is Verizon Wireless the ISP when you use DUN from your computer using bluetooth, etc

3) Voice dialing. How is it working? Is it worth the money?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Welcome to the Treo World.

I work for a large company and we have 6 treo's. 1 Sprint and 5 Verizon, and I have found that everyone has struggled with Wireless Sync. If your really need up to date calander info then it might be the best, but if you don't then I would try Chatter Email. www.chatteremail.com That is as close as you will get to push, and it is worth its weight in gold. You will still need your data connection to do email since it use the internet to access.

As for DUN, If you have the data connection you will be using Verizon Wireless.

Voice Dialing, try the free program that comes with your phone, and there are other options but try that first.

Good Luck.