Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    I haven't seen this one posted yet - After the 1.20 update (running unlocked GSM) sometimes when I turn the screen on, there's no keyguard stopping me from doing anything. It's as though the keyguard was disabled. If I turn the screen off, then immediately back on again, then it's there, working normally. It's like it just "forgot" last time.

I haven't found a pattern, and I haven't yet narrowed it down to any apps. But it definitely started with 1.20. I'm just curious if anybody else has seen this. Since I'm an "in-the-pocket" treo carrier, I count on my keyguard to always be working.
  2. lua
    you are aware there is a control panel for keyguard under prefs?
    IIIx to Treo650. Now that's Quantum Leap.
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Yes, it's setup properly. My point was that it *sometimes* doesn't work, not always. This is new with 1.20.
  4. lua
    i don't see this on my 120-lap.

this only happen to me when my palmary-clock alarms kick in, been rogering palmarysoft since the last version and yet it's not resolved.
    IIIx to Treo650. Now that's Quantum Leap.
    Hi,

I have a different problem - have my Backup (built-in application from Palm) scheduled to do a backup at 6:00am, now after the ROM update, if the device is off when the time arrives - the screen turns on, with the Backup dialog ("backup scheduled for...") and the KeyGuard dialog above it.

And it stays stuck at this until I release the KeyGuard !!!
    This was not the case before the upgrade ! it used to count down, then do the backup, then turn off.

Anyone else expiriencing this ?

Thanks
    Shimon.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    TAKEphONE, I don't have an answer for you, but it's funny you should bring that up, since I managed to narrow my problem down to BackupBuddyVFS's automatic backup feature. Turns out, it's always the first time I turn my screen on after an auto-backup has occured, the keyguard is missing. (I'm running the latest 3.2.15, and have notified Blue Nomad of the issue).

So maybe there's a common theme of backup software that handles the keyguard automatically being broken after the 1.20/1.71 update.
    I believe you may be right.

Speaking as a developer, there is an API for us to disable KeyGuard, then re-enable it (just for that purpose of doing things in the background).
    Maybe they changed/broke something in it.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Same problem here with Keyguard. All settings are correct but I am having occassional 'missing' keyguard when I waken up the phone. I am also noticing some 'in pocket' keying and dialing which indicates keyguard is not working as it should.
    Definitely something wrong since this upgrade.
    Worthy of some feedback to Palm if I can ever work out how to get to the 'feedback' section of their web site. They appear to hide contact stuff very well... don't they want us to contact them, the UK/European site doesn't seem to have a contact us section
  9. sda
    OK...so I've downgraded to BBVFS 3.1.4 and the problem seems to have gone away. Thanks for the clues to have me try this. Its nice to have a device that turns off and STAYS off.

Before I downgraded, I unchecked the automatic backup in 3.2.15 and that also seems to have addressed the issue.
  10. tmt
    Quote Originally Posted by mportune
    I managed to narrow my problem down to BackupBuddyVFS's automatic backup feature. Turns out, it's always the first time I turn my screen on after an auto-backup has occured, the keyguard is missing.
    Tell me, do you have your auto poweroff set to 30 seconds or less? Because older versions of BBVFS have a problem where their 30 second countdown actually loses to the system poweroff, and therefore the automatic backup never runs. This bug was fixed in the latest BBVFS version, and I will wager that fix is the issue here.

Try setting your powerdown interval to 60 seconds and see it if goes away, that would prove it.

There are issues in this new PalmOS version however. It is a little bit maddening...
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tmt
    Tell me, do you have your auto poweroff set to 30 seconds or less? Because older versions of BBVFS have a problem where their 30 second countdown actually loses to the system poweroff, and therefore the automatic backup never runs. This bug was fixed in the latest BBVFS version, and I will wager that fix is the issue here.
    Makes sense, but I'm already set to 60. Also, I check the backup logs frequently, and they are running successfully. So my only real issue is that it keeps forgetting to restore the keyguard after disabling it for the auto-backup.

I heard back from Blue Nomad, and they said they'd look into it.
    Hi,

Just got a solution to MY issue, maybe try and see if it solves yours:

waynew73 from this forum posted on another thread that he solved a similar problem to yours by deleting the Palm keyboard driver from his palm.
    Seems it collides with the Bluetooth "engine".

Do you have the keyboard driver ?
    If yes - can you try deleting it ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Hi,

Just got a solution to MY issue, maybe try and see if it solves yours:

waynew73 from this forum posted on another thread that he solved a similar problem to yours by deleting the Palm keyboard driver from his palm.
    Seems it collides with the Bluetooth "engine".

Do you have the keyboard driver ?
    If yes - can you try deleting it ?
    I don't have it, but others here might.
  14. tmt
    Quote Originally Posted by mportune
    So my only real issue is that it keeps forgetting to restore the keyguard after disabling it for the auto-backup.
    Just a point of information, the app doesn't actually "disable" keyguard, it just overrides it for that instance. After being dismissed, keyguard can and should appear for the next poweron or option-power event. Unless of course it gets overidden again, etc.
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    To everyone still subscribed to this thread - the new BBVFS 3.3 seems to have fixed the keyguard issue:

http://www.bluenomad.com/bbvfs/prod_bbvfs_download.html

* edit: oh yeah, for the fix to take effect, be sure to soft-reset after installing 3.3 to clear out the 3.2 stuff in memory.

* edit edit: never mind, I spoke too soon. I woke up this morning and my keyguard was back to it's old tricks. Guess we gotta wait until the next release.
    Last edited by vebix; 03/10/2006 at 11:26 AM.