1.    #1  
    Here's the scenario --

I get an email in Chatter. Then later when I check my email on my laptop I pull that message down. Now when I sync again with Chatter, that message is no longer in Chatter.

Is that because the message is no longer on the server...?

I want to keep it there once its on my Treo -- is there any way to keep this from happening?
    I assume this is POP3, in which case the issue is either with your server (which may only allow a message to be POP'ed once) or with your laptop, which may be deleting it.

This sort of problem simply doesn't exist with IMAP mail, which is one of many reasons I recommend it to EVERYONE.

Marc
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Hey Marc,

I am not sure if this was functionality or you meant for this but the other day I had great Chatter experience with syncing. You see use the memo pad on my treo 650 a lot and it syncs with outlook notes. The other day I created 3 or 4 notes in outlook and then forgot to sync. When I got a meeting I needed that info, so I went into chatter, created a new mailbox, choose the notes folder through the folder option, choose to load notes only a day old, and sure enough they came through as emails and I was able to read them. Now I transfer emails to the notes section all the time to save them, it is a great feature.

BenJoe
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    I assume this is POP3, in which case the issue is either with your server (which may only allow a message to be POP'ed once) or with your laptop, which may be deleting it.

This sort of problem simply doesn't exist with IMAP mail, which is one of many reasons I recommend it to EVERYONE.

Marc
    I would use IMAP if I could... unfortunately I can't. So yes its POP3.

I just want to keep messages on Treo once they are downloaded there. It's not a malfunction I just believe that after pulling them down on my laptop that when I sync with Chatter they are not on the server so they disappear from Chatter. Maybe I could set my Email Acct in Outlook to leave them on the server....

MG
    Quote Originally Posted by jmgilliam
    Maybe I could set my Email Acct in Outlook to leave them on the server....
    That should solve the problem. Worked for me.