1.    #1  
    Hey,

I just got this Enfora Wi-Fi adapter for the TREO 600. I'm able to connect to some open networks, but when I try to connect to my home wireless network, I can't. I have security on it. The Enfora manager wants a network key when I check "data encrytion" on the TREO. I would gladly provide the key I set up for the router, but Enfora wants a 10 digit or 26 digit key for 64 bit or 128 bit. My key is only 8 digits. Why am I limited? And can I get around this short of re-configuring my router?

Anyone?

Thanks!!
    Maybe you have to enter the key in hex form rather than password. You should be able to get the correct key from your admin utility for the router. I'm an Apple guy so I use Apple's AirPort Utility. For computers on the network it's a password, but some devices and Linux computers I had to enter the 10 digit key in hex format preceeded by a $ sign, something like $A6B8821E06
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47
    Maybe you have to enter the key in hex form rather than password. You should be able to get the correct key from your admin utility for the router. I'm an Apple guy so I use Apple's AirPort Utility. For computers on the network it's a password, but some devices and Linux computers I had to enter the 10 digit key in hex format preceeded by a $ sign, something like $A6B8821E06
    Thanks for the imput.

Forgive me for my un-geekyness, but could you enlighten me as to what "hex format" is?