1.    #1  
    I've been using the ActiveSync feature using Versamail on my Treo 650 without a hitch.

When I synch with my hosted Exchange server, appointments on the handheld go back as far as Monday, January 9, 2006.

Yet I began using the Calendar feature in Outlook on December 29th, and all my appointments are still visible on the PC-- yet, I'm now missing two weeks from my handheld! Is this a server-based issue, or do you think it might be specific to the Palm OS?
    I have a similar problem. Using VersaMail to get e-mail remotely. Using exchange activesynch. It also synchs calendar events, but then I find out that when I do a direct synch to my computer to T650 (Verizon), calendar events do not synch !!

The only way I can synch calendar events from Outlook is by using versamail - hotsynch consistently reverts calendar synchronization to "Do nothing", so nothing works for synching calendar events via cable.

Called Palm and they told me that using versamail for synching overrides my regular Outlook conduits - this seems ridiculous - having to use wireless to synch calendar events when I am in the office.

Anyone have a solution???
    Neill - I have posted a similar query on here; according to the ActiveSync admin guide, each sync automatically removes all calendar items older than 7 days to save space. I have asked if anyone knows of a work-around to this and have received no reply. I would love to find out if/when you come up with a solution.

From ActiveSync Admin Guide:
    "In a VersaMail account that uses Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, any new
    Calendar events on the server for the preceding seven days are downloaded to the device; any events older than seven days are removed from the device, although they remain on the server. The interval for synchronizing Calendar events is always seven days, even if a different interval is set on the device for synchronizing email messages. If the interval is less than 14 days, then 2 weeks of calendar data is removed; if the interval is more than 2 weeks, then one month of calendar data is removed."

As far as the other question, refer to this next section from the same admin guide:
    "IMPORTANT Users cannot choose to synchronize Calendar events with Palm
    Desktop software or Outlook once they set up a Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync email account. If users want to stop synchronizing Calendar events with the server, they must delete the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync email account."
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by PMeans
    Neill - I have posted a similar query on here; according to the ActiveSync admin guide, each sync automatically removes all calendar items older than 7 days to save space. I have asked if anyone knows of a work-around to this and have received no reply. I would love to find out if/when you come up with a solution.

From ActiveSync Admin Guide:
    [I]"In a VersaMail account that uses Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, any new
    Calendar events on the server for the preceding seven days are downloaded to the device; any events older than seven days are removed from the device, although they remain on the server. The interval for synchronizing Calendar events is always seven days, even if a different interval is set on the device for synchronizing email messages. If the interval is less than 14 days, then 2 weeks of calendar data is removed; if the interval is more than 2 weeks, then one month of calendar data is removed."
    Thanks so much for following up-- yes, I've read the same guide. This is very inconvenient for me--just one more reason to look forward to Marc's OWA version of Chatter with PIM, though we'll have to hold our breath.
    If you go to the versamail preferences, delivery options, you can set it to 30 days. This allows you to have 30 days worth of history for your calendar items. Of course, you will also have 30 days worth of email. This works fine for me since I keep my inbox relatively clean.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treocracy
    If you go to the versamail preferences, delivery options, you can set it to 30 days. This allows you to have 30 days worth of history for your calendar items. Of course, you will also have 30 days worth of email. This works fine for me since I keep my inbox relatively clean.
    Thank you for the extremely helpful tip!! I've looked long and hard, and hadn't found this information anywhere. I don't keep my Inbox as clean as you (~450 from the last 30 days), but it doesn't take up much room loading headers only.