Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Can some brillant bloke (jamesgangut?) make a 1.20 updater for the Mac? Is this possible?
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    download winrar for mac from rarlab.com
    then download any custom update and extract it using winrar. Then follow the same exact directions.
    You dont need the exe file to install. You can use the custom rom. I think most people use the exe just to get 1.5mb of free ram back, but thats not true in my cause. I didnt get it. I got 22MB and on 1.14dbg or 1.23-ROW i had 23MB, but hey..big deal its only 1MB. The trade of between the two firmwares is worth it. 1.20ENA is the best.

A card reader or a program called card export for palm will make the process a snap to transfer the palm and rom folder over to an sd card.

good luck
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

I have posted a link for an SD updater. already had several Mac users use it successfully.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

4.    #4  
    Yes, I found that. Thanks a lot, jamesgangut. Much appreciated.
    The only problem I had was a reset loop caused by an incorrect version of the Network Select hack. Once I had the correct version in, all was well.

Thank you, James for all your hard work.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    @ jamesgangut:
    I have downloaded some of your files from rapidshare and had a look in the dirs, but don't understand the system.
    What have I to do, if I want to delete all languages except german?
    Regards
    conum
    When using Shadowmites tool, you will see a program. Then you will see 5 overlays for that program ending in De, En, Es, It, Fr remove the overlay files En,Es,It & Fr. You need the program and De overlays.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    @ James
    I downloaded the follwing version:
    EFIGS Custom1: (Tutorials, Real removed)
    http://rapidshare.de/files/11385868..._cust1.zip.html
    , unzipped it to a directory, where I find the 2 directories "Palm/Launcher" and "ROM", and in "ROM/ace-palmos.zip" I find the programs and libraries.
    For example: Adress:
    If I understand right, then I have to leave this 2 files in ace-palmos.zip
    Address.bprc
    Address_deDE.oprc

and can remove

Address_enUS.oprc
    Address_enES.oprc
    Address_enFR.oprc
    Address_enIT.oprc

and so on in every case with every other program and library?

What's with the files in PALM/Launcher? Are they only for the updating process or should I delete the "US", "FR" etc.?
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    @ or could I delete all "*enUS*"-files from Treo_120_cust2.zip and replace them with all *DE*"-files from Treo_120_efigs_cust1.zip??
    Quote Originally Posted by conum
    @ or could I delete all "*enUS*"-files from Treo_120_cust2.zip and replace them with all *DE*"-files from Treo_120_efigs_cust1.zip??
    Sure

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Thanks. And what's about the "boot.conf"? Shouldn't I change the "enUS" to "deDE" over there? And are there more files that need to be changed?
    Regards
    conum
    That should be it.

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Sure?
    Yes I think that will do just what you want.

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    I don't know if "boot.conf" (of ...cust2.zip - EFIGS Custom1: (Tutorials, Real removed)) is made by human or machine. In the last section of the file named [skip] there are some files for all EFIGS-languages. Do you know, if the non-"deDE"-filenames should be deleted too?
    Quote Originally Posted by conum
    I don't know if "boot.conf" (of ...cust2.zip - EFIGS Custom1: (Tutorials, Real removed)) is made by human or machine. In the last section of the file named [skip] there are some files for all EFIGS-languages. Do you know, if the non-"deDE"-filenames should be deleted too?
    I don't do anything in boot.conf when I make my ROMs

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    I have posted a link for an SD updater. already had several Mac users use it successfully.
    jamesgangut,

Could you point me to the link for the SD Updater and the steps to update my Treo with this using my MAC? Tried searching but could not find either...

Thanks jamesgangut...

Whats the difference between the Custom ROM's and the EFIGS Custyom ROM's you have out there?

Could you also point me to the steps I would need to follow to do the update as I have never done this before...
    Quote Originally Posted by cullal
    Thanks jamesgangut...

Whats the difference between the Custom ROM's and the EFIGS Custyom ROM's you have out there?

Could you also point me to the steps I would need to follow to do the update as I have never done this before...
    English Only for the 5 custom. The EFIGS has all lang.

1- Backup Treo
    2- Copy Palm folder from archive to root of SD (if palm folder exsists rename)
    3- Hard restet Treo
    4- Plugin power to Treo, insert SD card
    5- Just wait, wait until either the Pick a lang or digitizer screen. Remove SD finish Treo setup.
    6- Remove\rename PALM dirs on SD
    7- Restore data

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast