Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalEarth
    My carrier DB is still 249.
    ???
    Download the two files in that post and see if your text issues are resolved.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

2.    #42  
    WOW! I have SMS again. Dude, I hope you make a lot of money doing this professionally. You rock!
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    1- Normal
    2- Normal, do a hard reset before your restore your data
    3- Normal
    4- 255 is better, If you are not having trouble it may not be worth the hassle.
    Another thing I've noticed is that during a reset, after the Palm screen is displayed, my Treo shows a white screen for a couple of seconds -- the reset sequence is thus prolonged a bit. Normal?
    cullal,
    Did you wind up using missing sync to copy the two folders to your sd card? Or did you get a card reader? Anything else I should know before I try?
    TIA,
    TM
    Download the two files in that post and see if your text issues are resolved.
    I installed them, but the DB value is still 249! How can that be? In addition, when I look at the files in FileZ, the version ID is still 249. I was careful to delete them with the radio off, then I installed the files from your post via bluetooth, and a reset was forced by the files. I wonder whether they're getting clobbered by the ROM files after that forced reset?
    Quote Originally Posted by odysseus
    Another thing I've noticed is that during a reset, after the Palm screen is displayed, my Treo shows a white screen for a couple of seconds -- the reset sequence is thus prolonged a bit. Normal?
    Normal
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

I installed them, but the DB value is still 249! How can that be? In addition, when I look at the files in FileZ, the version ID is still 249. I was careful to delete them with the radio off, then I installed the files from your post via bluetooth, and a reset was forced by the files. I wonder whether they're getting clobbered by the ROM files after that forced reset?
    No they are not getting clobbered. Both versions are in the ROM in fact. Try putting the versions on SD and Filez to copy them after you delete them.

No they are not getting clobbered. Both versions are in the ROM in fact. Try putting the versions on SD and Filez to copy them after you delete them.
    Carrier DB is now 255. CC-Cap still says nothing.

If both versions are in ROM, why is 249 getting copied after a reset? If I reset now, will 249 be restored?
    Carrier DB is now 255. CC-Cap still says nothing.

If both versions are in ROM, why is 249 getting copied after a reset? If I reset now, will 249 be restored?
    Soft reset yes, hard no.

Soft reset yes, hard no.
    So basically, if my Treo crashes, db 249 will be restored?
    So basically, if my Treo crashes, db 249 will be restored?
    And when yuo restore your data 255 will be restored.

Are you sure you are using the latest ROM?

Has anyone using either one of my revised ROM or CraniumFunk using SD only installer gotten 255 carrierdb after update? Only those that never used the Palm Installer.

And when yuo restore your data 255 will be restored.

Are you sure you are using the latest ROM?
    Yes, but what about the CC-Cap which remains blank in any case?
    Yes, but what about the CC-Cap which remains blank in any case?
    Do you have a file DelCarSetDb if you browse Internal with FileZ?

Do you have a file DelCarSetDb if you browse Internal with FileZ?
    No. Is this a Mac-only problem as well?
    No. Is this a Mac-only problem as well?
    When I was having the issue of 249 after hard reset with a custom ROM I had this file. If I removed the ResourceDB flag on the file it reboot and then I had 255. If you don't have this file I don't know that my ROM will force the 255.

I am just trying to gather info at this point.

I went through this process:

1. unlock my Cingular phone.
    2. Updated to FW 1.23
    3 Updated to FW 1.28 ROW
    4. Used 1.20 version here.

I now have NO firmware listed in my info window and is 1.20-ENA.

Is there something wrong? If so how do I fix it?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwintheiser
    I went through this process:

1. unlock my Cingular phone.
    2. Updated to FW 1.23
    3 Updated to FW 1.28 ROW
    4. Used 1.20 version here.

I now have NO firmware listed in my info window and is 1.20-ENA.

Is there something wrong? If so how do I fix it?
    Did you turn your phone on?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123