Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 58
  1. #21  
    Thanks again jamesgangut...
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    2- Copy Palm folder from archive to root of SD (if palm folder exsists rename)
    jamesgangut,

    Do I have to copy the PALM Folder using a SD Card reader only or will the update work if use my USB Cable and Missing Sync using the Sync Folder option to copy the palm folder to my SD Card?
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by cullal
    jamesgangut,

    Do I have to copy the PALM Folder using a SD Card reader only or will the update work if use my USB Cable and Missing Sync using the Sync Folder option to copy the palm folder to my SD Card?
    I am not a Mac user so I don't know exactly what the software you are talking about will do. But the PALM folder has to be at the root of the drive. If it were a PC like g:\PALM. If it will copy the folder there and keep the folder structure then it should be fine.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  4. #24  
    Jamesgangut,

    Need Help with the 1.20 update...

    I downloaded the 1.20 Update using the link you provided and updated my treo.. In the phone info screen I see that the firmware updatewd to 1.71 but the software is still at 1.13 ROW. Here si what I did...

    1. Backup Treo.
    2. Copy Palm folder from Archove to SD Card .. No other files are on the SD CArd
    3. Hard Reset Treo.
    4. Insert SD Card
    5. Treo prompts to update firmware which I did...

    What am I missing here?

    650 GSM Unlocked
    Cingular
  5. #25  
    This sounds like the firmware flashed but the ROM did not update. Did you get any error messages? Did you leave the SD card in until you saw the Lang selection screen? If yoy take the SD card out before that it won't finish. It will reboot itself several times before it is done.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  6. #26  
    A couple of comments after apply the SD card update from James:

    1. My Treo 650 reset about 5 times after the firmware and ROM were updated. I feared an eternal reset loop, but this was not the case.

    Was this normal?

    2. After the process was complete, my Treo's memory had 3 files left over from the update: firmware update, and 2 other files whose name I forget.

    Normal?

    3.Phone app reports:

    Firmware: 01.71
    Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA

    I know that the software version number is OK, but what about the firmware version?

    4. There is now a second page of information:

    CC-Cap:
    Carrier DB: 249

    Normal?
  7. #27  
    Jamesgangut,

    I downloaded the full version you had posted and the update went thru just fine... Thanks for all the help... I now have FW 1.71 and SW 1.20 ENA...

    650 GSM Unlocked
    Cingular
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by odysseus
    A couple of comments after apply the SD card update from James:

    1. My Treo 650 reset about 5 times after the firmware and ROM were updated. I feared an eternal reset loop, but this was not the case.

    Was this normal?

    2. After the process was complete, my Treo's memory had 3 files left over from the update: firmware update, and 2 other files whose name I forget.

    Normal?

    3.Phone app reports:

    Firmware: 01.71
    Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA

    I know that the software version number is OK, but what about the firmware version?

    4. There is now a second page of information:

    CC-Cap:
    Carrier DB: 249

    Normal?
    1- Normal
    2- Normal, do a hard reset before your restore your data
    3- Normal
    4- 255 is better, If you are not having trouble it may not be worth the hassle.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    1- Normal
    2- Normal, do a hard reset before your restore your data
    3- Normal
    4- 255 is better, If you are not having trouble it may not be worth the hassle.
    I don't think I did a hard reset before I restored my data, but a hard reset was performed (I had to configure the language).

    Should I worry about this?

    What is the difference between 249 and 255? The consensus of posters on the main update forum on TreoCentral is that one has to install the official Palm updater first, but how can Mac users manage?

    I do seem to be having some bluetooth problems ...
    Last edited by odysseus; 02/03/2006 at 02:24 PM.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by odysseus
    I don't think I did a hard reset before I restored my data, but a hard reset was performed (I had to configure the language).

    Should I worry about this?

    What is the difference between 249 and 255? The consensus of posters on the main update forum on TreoCentral is that one has to install the official Palm updater first, but how can Mac users manage?

    I do seem to be having some bluetooth problems ...
    249 255 is carrier specific information. I have Tmobile and I have to have 255 or I have data problems. There is a RAM fix for this.

    Others have also had BT issues. I did create a ROM with the old BT files if you want to give it a try. Search for it.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    249 255 is carrier specific information. I have Tmobile and I have to have 255 or I have data problems. There is a RAM fix for this.
    I have the unlocked GSM model, but my carrier is T-Mobile. I have been able to surf the web and check email.

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    Others have also had BT issues. I did create a ROM with the old BT files if you want to give it a try. Search for it.
    Have people who performed the Windows update via the kosher HotSync method also had BT issues?
  12. #32  
    Just received this response from Palm regarding the lack of a Mac updater:

    Dear Louis:
    Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support. My name is Mariano and I will be supporting you on this email.
    Hello Louis, I would like to ask for your patience on the release of the Treo™ 650 updater for Mac. Our developers have not yet send out a world when they will be releasing the update for Mac. Please keep posted on our website regularly for updates.
    We hope this issue has been resolved to your satisfaction. A Customer Satisfaction Survey will be emailed to you very shortly. Please take time to provide us with your feedback about this support experience as it will help us in our on-going effort to continually improve our services.
    If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to email us again. You can also find troubleshooting articles and frequently asked questions at:
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/
    Thank you for choosing Palm.
    Sincerely,
    Mariano
    Palm Technical Support

    I too, can't believe its taken so long for their developers to first release the 1.20 update, and then neglect to release a Mac updater. I'd rather stick with Palm's updater, rather than using other methods.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    249 255 is carrier specific information. I have Tmobile and I have to have 255 or I have data problems. There is a RAM fix for this.

    Others have also had BT issues. I did create a ROM with the old BT files if you want to give it a try. Search for it.
    Jamesgangut,

    I also have T-MO but because I updated on a Mac I'm 249 not 255. I have MASSIVE SMS problems. T-MO fixes it, 5 minutes later it breaks. They've fixed it 3 times so far. Is this because I'm using 249? If so, what to do? Thanks.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalEarth
    Jamesgangut,

    I also have T-MO but because I updated on a Mac I'm 249 not 255. I have MASSIVE SMS problems. T-MO fixes it, 5 minutes later it breaks. They've fixed it 3 times so far. Is this because I'm using 249? If so, what to do? Thanks.
    What have they fixed?
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by odysseus
    I have the unlocked GSM model, but my carrier is T-Mobile. I have been able to surf the web and check email.



    Have people who performed the Windows update via the kosher HotSync method also had BT issues?
    It is a data pause issue.

    Yes they are.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalEarth
    Jamesgangut,

    I also have T-MO but because I updated on a Mac I'm 249 not 255. I have MASSIVE SMS problems. T-MO fixes it, 5 minutes later it breaks. They've fixed it 3 times so far. Is this because I'm using 249? If so, what to do? Thanks.
    YES, Use the RAM versions.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    YES, Use the RAM versions.
    What are the RAM versions?
  18. #38  
    I'll Post them on my ROM post.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  19. #39  
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  20.    #40  
    My carrier DB is still 249.
    ???

    Never mind. I BT'd them over one at a time, before. So, I deleted them again and installed them via hotsync. I hope this works.

    As always, thanks for your help.
    Last edited by DigitalEarth; 02/03/2006 at 07:33 PM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions