Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I used a temp profile with HotSync during the upgrade to 1.20 ENA and then restored my active HotSync profile data. When I upgraded through the temp profile, my Carrier DB was showing version 255. After restoring my active HotSync profile data, my Carrier DB had dropped back to version 249. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/frown.gif During this process, I had upgraded from 1.20 ROW, back to 1.13 ROW, then up to 1.20 ENA (to be safe).

I ended up re-running the updater through my active HotSync profile in order to get the Carrier DB back to 255. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif

Anyone upgrading using this procedure or something similar might check that they have the current version. This can be found under "More Phone Info". Can anyone else confirm this?
    The same thing happened to me--and maybe this is a stupid question....but what IS the carrier DB?
    Does anyone know what specific file has the carrierDB? (I didnt notice a carrierdb file when looking in filez.) My carrierDB is reading 249, and I'd prefer to only replace the affected file...

thanks!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmTheCrack
    The same thing happened to me--and maybe this is a stupid question....but what IS the carrier DB?
    My guess would be the Carrier DB is a list of settings for different service providers, domestic & international. The current version will likely have updated & a more comprehensive list so you can truly use the unlocked phone with almost any GSM service provider.
    I did the upgrade the same way - and have the same problem. Carrier DB:249.

I'm wondering if there are more files that are doing the same thing - because I've had nothing but problems ever since the upgrade.
    I did the palm upgrade, and the hotsync after the upgrade to get all my contacts etc back on. My carrier DB says 255 and I'm having no problems with the phone. Did you restore from back or do anything else that wasn't exactly as the palm instructions explained?

(woops, missed the fact you all did a blank profile hotsync in between. I didn't I cleared off apps to make enough room, sounds like that may make the difference, guess there update process is VERY picky)
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraniumFunk
    My guess would be the Carrier DB is a list of settings for different service providers, domestic & international. The current version will likely have updated & a more comprehensive list so you can truly use the unlocked phone with almost any GSM service provider.
    really. I took my treo 600 all over europe and asia this summer. i have used about 10 different SP on it, worked great. I also checked for available networks and i had tons of them on the list
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

Can someone with V255 upload the CarrierDB file so those of us who are back at 249 can manually upgrade?
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone
    Can someone with V255 upload the CarrierDB file so those of us who are back at 249 can manually upgrade?
    If you hard reset, shouldn't that will restore back to the original CarrierDB ?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenChoi
    If you hard reset, shouldn't that will restore back to the original CarrierDB ?
    While I was upgrading, I noticed that a hard reset *did* return the Carrier DB to 255 but when I HotSync restored from my active profile, the Carrier DB was overwritten with 249.

This is why I ended up re-running the installer using my active HotSync profile to force the propogation of 255.

It seems the 1.20 Palm installer has some logic to update the HotSync backup with the current Carrier DB and probably other root files.

If your Treo is having unexpected behavior after running the installer, you might consider re-running it *exactly* as the instructions indicate, and notably *different* from Palm's previous official releases. Historically, they had us upgrade using a Temp HotSync profile. Then a final restore from your active profile to get your apps back.

Just to note, my Treo runs CRASH FREE after doing this, aside from 3rd party software specific issues. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif
    Hi

After running update Blazer wont connect to Voadafone UK to let me surf web. Versamail collects mail OK. I have carrier 249 - i wander if that is a problem. Any ideas ??
    Thanks
    You mentioned you re-ran the installer using your active hot-sync name. Will the firmware upgrade let you reinstall the upgrade on a Treo that's already been upgraded?

And did you just delete enough from the device in order to get the update to run?

This is such a pain!!

Thanks

Ryan
    Doesn't much matter...
    Did the update again and mine said 255, this was without a hard reset at all..
    it said 255 for a while but after 30 minutes or so it said 249 again so I wouldn't worry about this at all in regards to reupdating to change it back to 255....seems like it wasn't the problem
    Where/how do you find the version # of this file?

I don't see (using Resco Explorer) a CarrierDB in either the RAM or ROM of my standard locked Cingular Treo 650.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by aphormis
    Hi

After running update Blazer wont connect to Voadafone UK to let me surf web. Versamail collects mail OK. I have carrier 249 - i wander if that is a problem. Any ideas ??
    Thanks
    Use any of the file explorers, like Resco Explorer or ZLauncher File Manager, to delete all of the Blazer files in RAM except for the Bookmarks. This might solve your browsing issues. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif

As for Carrier 249, IMO, you should consider re-running the installer with at least 14 MB of free space on your phone to get your Treo to Carrier 255. Some install recommendations using the Palm updater are posted earlier and should be done exactly as Palm instructions indicates.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanWPowers
    You mentioned you re-ran the installer using your active hot-sync name. Will the firmware upgrade let you reinstall the upgrade on a Treo that's already been upgraded?

And did you just delete enough from the device in order to get the update to run?

This is such a pain!!

Thanks

Ryan
    Absolutely, the installer will install over the same version of fw/sw. I had no problems here. I even had no problems running the 1.13 Palm Installer to downgrade from the leaked 1.20 Chinese fw/sw. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif

IMO, the critical thing that needs to happen is your HotSync backup folder on your desktop is updated by the installer. This is only done on the active HotSync profile used during upgrade. The fact that the Treo ROM will be overwritten with the same version probably will not change the outcome here. It's what happens after the ROM write that will resolve this issue.

To make space, I moved apps to SD card using ZLauncher until I had 14 MB. The Palm installer will not proceed if you *don't* have enough space.
    Just re-installed the update again after a hard reset hoping to get rid of some problems. I would my Carrier DB to be 249 AFTER installing the update (downloaded from Europ. support pages this time) with a new user profile. Also the SMS 160 chars limitation is still there. So obviously it's in there, either as a bug or a feature :-(
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Where/how do you find the version # of this file?

I don't see (using Resco Explorer) a CarrierDB in either the RAM or ROM of my standard locked Cingular Treo 650.
    There is no file named CarrierDB, neither in ROM nor in RAM. Probably, there is another file which has the Carrier DB information.

To check your version, go to Phone app > Menu > Options > Phone Info > More.
    Quote Originally Posted by CraniumFunk
    There is no file named CarrierDB, neither in ROM nor in RAM. Probably, there is another file which has the Carrier DB information.

To check your version, go to Phone app > Menu > Options > Phone Info > More.

OK folks, just copy these files to RAM and you'll have 255.

(I guess it's the first one which has the info but I copied all.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    --
    Manfred
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero310
    Just re-installed the update again after a hard reset hoping to get rid of some problems. I would my Carrier DB to be 249 AFTER installing the update (downloaded from Europ. support pages this time) with a new user profile. Also the SMS 160 chars limitation is still there. So obviously it's in there, either as a bug or a feature :-(
    Did you restore your active profile after installing from the new profile?

My treo does *not* have the 160 chars limitation. I just tested several times.
Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast