Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CraniumFunk
    I have a full unadultered 1.20 ENA custom ROM ready. It's installed using SD card. It's been tested and shown to revert to Carrier DB 255 on Hard Reset. It also restores AmrDecLib & updated tips files from ROM. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif

It can be customized using Shadowmite's Treo 650 Rom tool to add & remove software from ROM. In order to take advantage of custom ROMs, you will wanna add your own registered software to free up the fixed amount of RAM.

Before I post, can a Moderator confirm if it's ok to copy the ROM & Firmware files to tc servers or do they prefer they be hosted offsite? Thanks.
    rapidshare.de is free and is what was used previous to me. What about just putting it there.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

2.    #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    rapidshare.de is free and is what was used previous to me. What about just putting it there.
    Just in case Palm has an issue with their copyright files being available elsewhere, it would be easier for TC mods to remove them upon request, versus Palm having to chase the source.

Apparently, Shadowmite was contacted by Palm in the past regarding their files being available and was politely asked to remove them. This is why you won't find ROM files at Shadowmites anymore. Tools are fine though. They don't infringe on copyright.
    Just in case Palm has an issue with their copyright files being available elsewhere, it would be easier for TC mods to remove them upon request, versus Palm having to chase the source.

Apparently, Shadowmite was contacted by Palm in the past regarding their files being available and was politely asked to remove them. This is why you won't find ROM files at Shadowmites anymore. Tools are fine though. They don't infringe on copyright.
    When you upload they give you a killfile link to remove it if you need to.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Maybe you could just Email it to James, so he could atleast look at it?
    Just call me Berd.
  5.    #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    Maybe you could just Email it to James, so he could atleast look at it?
    I will be posting the unmodified versions tonight. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif

I forwarded it to James for him to look at and he confirmed it resolves the Carrier DB 255 from ROM issue!
    I will be posting the unmodified versions tonight. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif

I forwarded it to James for him to look at and he confirmed it resolves the Carrier DB 255 from ROM issue!
    GREAT!
    I'm Looking Foward to seeing it
    Just call me Berd.
    I have the 249 issue & blazer wouldn't download any data on Vodafone UK.
    I went to my backup folder on the PC for my hotsync id, renamed the 3 files - CarrierProfile2, NetworkDb & NetworkProfile2 by putting old in front of them. Then I downloaded the 3 files from this thread & hotsync'd them accross to my treo.
    It wanted me to reset & when I restarted the phone I had carrier DB now as 255 & blazer now works.

CC-Cap is still blank.

I can't work out how and even if I need, to install NetPref.prc
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeProcter
    I have the 249 issue & blazer wouldn't download any data on Vodafone UK.
    I went to my backup folder on the PC for my hotsync id, renamed the 3 files - CarrierProfile2, NetworkDb & NetworkProfile2 by putting old in front of them. Then I downloaded the 3 files from this thread & hotsync'd them accross to my treo.
    It wanted me to reset & when I restarted the phone I had carrier DB now as 255 & blazer now works.

CC-Cap is still blank.

I can't work out how and even if I need, to install NetPref.prc
    I didn't notice if you said your a Mac user.
    If not, in the meantime, while James & Crainium work on a solution, You might Run a Complete Official Update.
    I also, at the beginning had nothing under CC-Cap.
    This is what I did:
    1. Run the full Update (14mb free)
    2. Hard reset, install FileZ.
    3. Do This:
    Because we done have a real solution I thought I would post what I do after a hard reset or flashing a new ROM.

I have removed the AmrDecLib from my own ROM as it gets duplicated FYI.

If after a hard reset you find you have carrierdb version 249.
    1- Use a program like FileZ to browse for a file named DelCarSetDb.
    2- View the details and find the Attrs tab Uncheck resourceDB. Save, it will reset the Treo.
    3- Upon this reset you will not have carrierDB 255, Amrdeclib will be there and the DelCarSetDb will be gone. At this poing I also delete the Shared Tips file.
    4- Restore from SD, or hotsync.

Berd- What I posted earlier seemd pretty simple to run after putting a new ROM on. Just uncheck resourceDB on DelCap file. A ton faster than any of the other options so far. You have to redelete the sharedtips file everytime as well so just one more step.
    I guess I didn't quite catch that earlier.
    Thanks!
    So, after I Flash my Custom (the 'rev cvt2' way) I just go into FileZ and do as u instruct.
    And that's it?
    Great!
    Just call me Berd.
    Thanks berdinkerdickle.

I'm unfortunately a Win XP home user, I'd love a mac.

I'm using one of jamesgangut's custom roms, which is basically a 1.2ENA but with 1.13BT files, as the 1.2BT files don't work with my BTcarkit.

I transfered the file to my Treo SD card via softstick's card export 2, as I do not have a card reader - might be a good investment though.

Then it automatically ran the installation program as soon as card export was disconnected from the desktop. I had not done a hard reset or zero out before updating, but had done a backup using backupman & a hotsync backup.

When finished I think I renamed my userid to old & deleted the userid in palm desktop. then hotsync'd creating a new userid (same as old deleted one) and then restored individual files from Backupman for my 3rd party apps. then hotsyn'd again.
    Thanks berdinkerdickle.

I'm unfortunately a Win XP home user, I'd love a mac.

I'm using one of jamesgangut's custom roms, which is basically a 1.2ENA but with 1.13BT files, as the 1.2BT files don't work with my BTcarkit.

I transfered the file to my Treo SD card via softstick's card export 2, as I do not have a card reader - might be a good investment though.

Then it automatically ran the installation program as soon as card export was disconnected from the desktop. I had not done a hard reset or zero out before updating, but had done a backup using backupman & a hotsync backup.

When finished I think I renamed my userid to old & deleted the userid in palm desktop. then hotsync'd creating a new userid (same as old deleted one) and then restored individual files from Backupman for my 3rd party apps. then hotsyn'd again.
    Have you tried runnin the official update first?
    Do it as instructed, Don't change user ID.
    Look again at what has been posted earlier in thread.
    Only after you get completely thru the whole update process go to a Custom.
    Have you tried James Latest, Just posted?
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...969#post893969
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 02/01/2006 at 03:55 PM.
    Just call me Berd.
    OK berdinkerdickle, I'll do the offical one tomorrow on my current user id, then update with james custom 1.20 with 1.13BT files
    OK berdinkerdickle, I'll do the offical one tomorrow on my current user id, then update with james custom 1.20 with 1.13BT files
    James & Craniums Latest are not supposed to have the 255 issues.
    As of yet, He hasn't done any Customs w/ 1.13BT Files.
    Keep a look-out.

All I know is w/ some of the Older 1.20 ENA Customs, You First had to Run the Official Update all the way thru as per Official Instructions (no temp id).
    Then Run your Custom.
    Hope that Helps.
    Just call me Berd.
    Would these files mentioned, Carrier..., etc, have anything to do with GPRS?

I'm in Central America, and following the update to 1.20 ENA no longer get the free GPRS in this country... Costa Rica.

I'm at 249.

I also note that my phone info does not list my tele phone number, as it says it's not stored on the SIM card... How can that be?

M
    Quote Originally Posted by lovecostarica

I'm in Central America, and following the update to 1.20 ENA no longer get the free GPRS in this country... Costa Rica.

I'm at 249.

I also note that my phone info does not list my tele phone number, as it says it's not stored on the SIM card... How can that be?

M
    Very possibly. The carrier 255 fixed an issue for my data service on T-Mobile. There are copies you can download to ram. Or try one of the newer ROMs we posted today.

Quote Originally Posted by lovecostarica

I'm at 249.

M
    Maybe start w/ just the 255 fix mentioned here in this thread.
    At first thats all I did and it improved my Cingular Gprs.
    I had trouble w/ 249.
    Just call me Berd.
    James & Craniums Latest are not supposed to have the 255 issues.
    As of yet, He hasn't done any Customs w/ 1.13BT Files.
    Keep a look-out.

All I know is w/ some of the Older 1.20 ENA Customs, You First had to Run the Official Update all the way thru as per Official Instructions (no temp id).
    Then Run your Custom.
    Hope that Helps.
    The Rom I'm using was posted by James #530 on page 27 of the Treo 650 GSM/ROW 1.20 Update is OUT NOW thread. It's a standard 1.20 with the BT files removed & the 1.13BT ones put in. My carkit works with this one, but not the official 1.20.
    The Rom I'm using was posted by James #530 on page 27 of the Treo 650 GSM/ROW 1.20 Update is OUT NOW thread. It's a standard 1.20 with the BT files removed & the 1.13BT ones put in. My carkit works with this one, but not the official 1.20.
    Did you resolve the 255 issue yet?
    Just call me Berd.
    If anyone has the James BT 1.13 Rom and wants to resolve the 255 issue. You might go over to the thread mentioned by Mike.
    I think the fix is just to add those 7 Langs back in.
    P.S. Please ignore the despute.
    Thanks
    Just call me Berd.
    Did you resolve the 255 issue yet?
    Only by copying them across manually, which I did yesterday.
    Everything seems to be working, so I'm leaving alone for the moment, until I have a large block of time to play. My business comes before play!
    Only by copying them across manually, which I did yesterday.
    Everything seems to be working, so I'm leaving alone for the moment, until I have a large block of time to play. My business comes before play!
    That's a perfectly good solution.
    Infact, there is no need to do anything else. Cranium & James just figured out how to get the 255 to remain after a Hard-Reset.
    Which isn't a big deal if & when you do a H-R, you can just fix it manually again.
    Just call me Berd.