Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    I don't have a More button in the Phone Info page. Just an OK button to close it. See my sig. for my Treo details.
    The More button in Phone Info is new with 1.20 ENA. You have Cingular, so none of this has anything to do with you.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    I did a hard reset and the version was still 249. I used the files in this thread to get to 255.

I did my upgrade by doing a hard reset, using the palm updater, and then using a custom rom posted in one of the threads here.

I did a hard reset, and removed the files mentioned in this thread - then I had no version information in the phone info screen. (I guess these files aren't generated by any application that runs on the treo.)

I suppose I could have tried a zero-out reset, but at this point it just seemed easier to load the files from this thread.
    So, Some time has gone by.
    Is everyone staying at 255?
    Or is it still switching back to 249 for some?
    And has anyone concluded that the 255 is most definitly better?
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by CraniumFunk
    My guess would be the Carrier DB is a list of settings for different service providers, domestic & international. The current version will likely have updated & a more comprehensive list so you can truly use the unlocked phone with almost any GSM service provider.

Hum... Very interesting... you people are all talking about CarierDB without even knowing what EXCATLY it is... And start to panic that it is 249 instead 255??? OK my question: How do you know that it should be 255 instead of 249 if you don't know what this number means??? Or you think that if 255 is bigger than 249 it is better? I am with 249 and my phone is working perfectly in my country and I'm 100% sure that Palm One doesn't even know where it's location on the world map is.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    The More button in Phone Info is new with 1.20 ENA. You have Cingular, so none of this has anything to do with you.
    I realise that. I am reading these threads to prepare myself for potential troubles when Cingular releases their update.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by Koleto
    Hum... Very interesting... you people are all talking about CarierDB without even knowing what EXCATLY it is... And start to panic that it is 249 instead 255??? OK my question: How do you know that it should be 255 instead of 249 if you don't know what this number means??? Or you think that if 255 is bigger than 249 it is better? I am with 249 and my phone is working perfectly in my country and I'm 100% sure that Palm One doesn't even know where it's location on the world map is.
    I believe the reason most are questioning this 'possible issue' is because of the history of these updates. Very often certain things don't always update. (Even though some may never have issues.) I know with the latest ENA update my reception, phone connection, and data speeds did not seem as good. So I ended up going back to APR. (It was giving me the best service) Then I noticed this thread, looked at my DB w/ APR, and it was 255. So, I tried the Updater again, and sure enough, my DB was at 249. And just as with each individual, depending on location, may get perfect reception, I myself did not. Often, W/ 1.20 ENA, I couldnít even get my Snapper Mail downloaded. So, thanks to this thread I decided to Re-flash, with the hopes that the 255 was better. At first it was, and then it got worse again. Somehow it reverted back to 249. So again, I did another flash. Now my phone is as good, if not better than when I was using APR. And so far it has stayed at 255. I am one of these people that like to make sure I have the best possible solution. I know so many people that just figure Ďif itís not broke, donít fix it.í And they will probably live longer than me.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    I believe the reason most are questioning this 'possible issue' is because of the history of these updates. Very often certain things don't always update. (Even though some may never have issues.) I know with the latest ENA update my reception, phone connection, and data speeds did not seem as good. So I ended up going back to APR. (It was giving me the best service) Then I noticed this thread, looked at my DB w/ APR, and it was 255. So, I tried the Updater again, and sure enough, my DB was at 249. And just as with each individual, depending on location, may get perfect reception, I myself did not. Often, W/ 1.20 ENA, I couldnít even get my Snapper Mail downloaded. So, thanks to this thread I decided to Re-flash, with the hopes that the 255 was better. At first it was, and then it got worse again. Somehow it reverted back to 249. So again, I did another flash. Now my phone is as good, if not better than when I was using APR. And so far it has stayed at 255. I am one of these people that like to make sure I have the best possible solution. I know so many people that just figure Ďif itís not broke, donít fix it.í And they will probably live longer than me.

I will have to say I had the exact same experience.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

With the latest ENA update, whenever a hard reset is perform, the CarrierDB will revert back to 249. A hotsync or restore will need to bring this back to 255 ? WHAT are those folks at Palm are thinking !!! Why didn't they make updates in ROM that recreate CarrierDB to be ver. 255 ?
    Question from an intersted outsider:

If the new flash pacjkage contains carrierDB ver 249, then, where does the ver 255 come from? Which (if any) official ROM update in the past had the ver 255 in it?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Question from an intersted outsider:

If the new flash pacjkage contains carrierDB ver 249, then, where does the ver 255 come from? Which (if any) official ROM update in the past had the ver 255 in it?
    We believe that it supposed to be Officially 255, because when one does the Official Update as per Official Instructions, we get 255. It's only when one does the Update the old way that this issue occures.
    Just call me Berd.
    We believe that it supposed to be Officially 255, because when one does the Official Update as per Official Instructions, we get 255. ...<snip>...
    What happen when you do a hard reset ? Did you need to run the "official" updater again ?
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenChoi
    What happen when you do a hard reset ? Did you need to run the "official" updater again ?
    Have not done a HR since Update.
    If and when I need to, I'll Post Results.
    From what I've read, All I will need to do is Run Hotsync again to get it back.
    Which I would do to restore my stuff anyway.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by mani_lx
    OK folks, just copy these files to RAM and you'll have 255.

(I guess it's the first one which has the info but I copied all.
    Sorry if I missed it, but how do you copy these files to RAM?
    Trying using the palm quick installer+synch generates a synch error ( - Already exists: C:\Program Files\palmOne\MyProfile\Install\Net_Prefs.prc)

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by mosco
    Sorry if I missed it, but how do you copy these files to RAM?
    Trying using the palm quick installer+synch generates a synch error ( - Already exists: C:\Program Files\palmOne\MyProfile\Install\Net_Prefs.prc)

Thanks.
    I think from an SD card while phone is off.
    Just call me Berd.
    I think from an SD card while phone is off.
    Thanks. Tried with Filez and got the same error. Not a big deal, but I was wondering if this would also restore my "network select" option in the phone menu, I used to have it and it disappeared with my last update.
    I think there was a post about this on the forums, but couldn't find it, does anyone know where that was?
    Quote Originally Posted by mosco
    Thanks. Tried with Filez and got the same error. Not a big deal, but I was wondering if this would also restore my "network select" option in the phone menu, I used to have it and it disappeared with my last update.
    I think there was a post about this on the forums, but couldn't find it, does anyone know where that was?
    That file is locked. You need someting like Resco Explorer to delete it. Not sure about the "network select" option. Mine always there.
    Thanks Resco Explorer did the trick, but unfortunately still no network select...I'll search some more, I think maybe buried in the 1.20 announcement post, someone mentionned having a prc file that would restore the network select.
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenChoi
    With the latest ENA update, whenever a hard reset is perform, the CarrierDB will revert back to 249. A hotsync or restore will need to bring this back to 255 ? WHAT are those folks at Palm are thinking !!! Why didn't they make updates in ROM that recreate CarrierDB to be ver. 255 ?

Very true!!!
    --
    Manfred
    We believe that it supposed to be Officially 255, because when one does the Official Update as per Official Instructions, we get 255. It's only when one does the Update the old way that this issue occures.
    Please humor me.

Which version is there in the official installation files?

Where did the version 255 come from (on the PC that gets installed after a Hotsync)?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Please humor me.

Which version is there in the official installation files?

Where did the version 255 come from (on the PC that gets installed after a Hotsync)?
    I think the file gets installed to the hotsynch folder by the ROM update program. After hardreset the file is 249 again.
    --
    Manfred
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast