Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast
    Double hero, to be precisely.
    But I'm to lazy be one.
    When you start argue with a man try walk a mile in his shoes, after that, who cares - you're in his shoes and he's a mile away.
    Just did a whole bunch of testing. This solves part of the problem. You will end up with carrierdb of 255. The token is not updated, check the CC-Cap: in phone info it will be blank. So if you are trying to make a single lang ROM you will also need to add amrdeclib to the rom. That should work ok though.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

This mean that you are removing something from the ROM that I don't, because for me CC-Cap: ENA-ENA-001 and never changed that way with ace-palmos.zip 1.20 version.
    Here is my current ROM:
    ace-palmos [1.20+Blazer.v4.3+FAT32+SMS_Emotions-Langs-RealPlayer-Tutorial-Owner-Tips-Versa].rar - http://212.176.58.226/download/page/589
    Minus - Removed, Plus - Added, only English.
    When you start argue with a man try walk a mile in his shoes, after that, who cares - you're in his shoes and he's a mile away.
    Once set it will stay. But for users who have not run the Palm updater it will not be set. [Ex. Mac users]
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

I haven't run Palm updater, I even don't have Palm Desktop installed on PC.
    How did you get the files then?

Downloaded file some one hosted in the web for full update with SD card.
  8. tcs
    is this cc-cap issue being solved? i used yr patched file and with eng lang only. i manually add amrdeclib and i got 255 but cc-cap field still empty.

Does it really matter to have blank cc-cap? wat problem we will face, example pls? thanks!
    I just updated my smartphone's firmware using the Treo 650 Updater 1.20 for Mac. In the Phone app, Options > Phone Info does reveal the following:

Fimrware: 01.71
    Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA

When I click on the "More" button, I see the following:

CC-Cap: ENA-ENA-001
    Carrier DB: 249

Are these "more" values correct? I think that right after the update, Carrier DB was 255, but I realized that I had some weird network profiles so I deleted

NetworkProfiles2.pdb
    NetworkDB.pdb

and did a soft reset. The Network Profiles should have been restored from ROM, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by marcol
    I'm on Voda UK too and had the same problem. What fixed it for me:

Menu>Options>Preferences>Advanced>Set Proxy

Uncheck the "Use default carrier proxy" so it looks like this:

http://homepage.mac.com/do0107/custo..._settings.html
    Thanks, this corrected my connection problems.
    I just reinstalled my Palm Desktop. I had the 'automatically download latest network settings' checked.

It used to be 255, now its 270. I attached the 2 files I got from the installation. Let me know what you guys experience after the update.

UPDATE: I have just uploaded the 270 carrier and network profile pdbs. The previous ones were 251. If you are one of the ones who earlier downloaded, kindly redownload again and reset. You should see 270 now. Please take note that you need to download the 2 files for a proper update.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MFB; 07/13/2006 at 06:17 AM.
    Any feedback?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    I just reinstalled my Palm Desktop. I had the 'automatically download latest network settings' checked.

It used to be 255, now its 270. I attached the 2 files I got from the installation. Let me know what you guys experience after the update.
    This makes no sense! I installed the 2 files and my DB went from 255 to 251
    I don't even know what this means.....but if it stops the once daily reset, I am all for it.
    B
    M100, M515, Tungsten E, Treo 600, Treo 650 unlocked GSM; SW 1.20 ENA; FW 1.71 (T-mobile)
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...4&postcount=84

I have been using the 270 version and have had fewer bad dial attempts and more reliable data connections (T-Mobile).

I have just updated the files I previously posted. Im definite its now 270 and not 251 as I previously posted. See post # 231.

Jamesgangut is right, fewer dropped calls and for me better reception.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    I have just updated the files I previously posted. Im definite its now 270 and not 251 as I previously posted. See post # 231.

Jamesgangut is right, fewer dropped calls and for me better reception.
    I'm holding off on changing them again. I have just gone 25.5 hours with no reset since getting 251. It may be my phone's Valhalla.
    Hope I didnt jinx it
    M100, M515, Tungsten E, Treo 600, Treo 650 unlocked GSM; SW 1.20 ENA; FW 1.71 (T-mobile)
    Well I have perused this thread and picked up some more info. I do have questions though.

1) I do not have the "more" tab under phone info. I did modify my rom from cing 1.17 to ENA 1.20. Under phone info it shows me 1.20 ENA, which is according to a previous post the version I should have in order to have the extra tab.

I do not use resco explorer, I do have filez and am not able to tell what version of CDB I am using. I downloaded the 2.70 that james (thx man) uploaded. The fact that the "more" button is not there and should be is annoying me to no end.

2) The same applies for the CC file. Seeing as I do not have the "more" button I do not know what version it is.

This has been asked in this thread more than once, I did not see an answer for this next question though, if it is there, maybe someone can be kind enough to point it out to me.

3) What does each version of the CDB do (changes) and what does the "CC" file do?

4) Initially it was posted that the 2.55 needed to have 4 files updates and James latest thread is only showing CDB and Network profiles. Do we need to only replace those 2 files or do we actually need to have the 4 for 2.55 before upgrading to 2.70?
    You only need the two files. If you don't have the "More" button I am guessing your tokens were changed but you are really still running 1.17

James,

I will let you know how it goes with the 2.70 I saw slight instability with 2.49 meaning sometimes it would go to dial with good siginal then bring up dial pad.
    Today I went to go online and it said that I had bluetooth DUN active??? I have not set up Bluetooth DUN. I did soft reset all is well-this in on 2.49.

Bernie
    The Bernster
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=befranklin]James,

I will let you know how it goes with the 2.70 I saw slight instability with 2.49 meaning sometimes it would go to dial with good siginal then bring up dial pad.
    Today I went to go online and it said that I had bluetooth DUN active??? I have not set up Bluetooth DUN. I did soft reset all is well-this in on 2.49.

Bernie[/QU

My carrier DB was 249, I just realised it...so sync the above 2 files by James but it still says 249...I haven't update my palm desktop yet...any other files I should try to get 270??
    Unlocked GSM
    T-Mobile
    1.71 Treo 650-1.20-ENA
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast