Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CraniumFunk
    You need to run the official updater first, then use either James stripped, or my complete custom ROMs to get 255 after hard reset.
    Done....You're right. It now keeps 255 & CC-Caps is now ENA-ENA-001 after a hard reset.

Thanks guys. Just need to re-pair the carkit & all should be ok.
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
    Quote Originally Posted by CraniumFunk
    I have a full unadultered 1.20 ENA custom ROM ready. It's installed using SD card. It's been tested and shown to revert to Carrier DB 255 on Hard Reset. It also restores AmrDecLib & updated tips files from ROM. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif
    This doesn't quite appear to be true: I'm a Mac user , and not only does CarrierDB 255 not get installed on hard reset, but AmrDecLib is nowhere to be found. Is this something else that requires the Palm firmware updater?
    Quote Originally Posted by odysseus
    This doesn't quite appear to be true: I'm a Mac user , and not only does CarrierDB 255 not get installed on hard reset, but AmrDecLib is nowhere to be found. Is this something else that requires the Palm firmware updater?
    If you read after that there is a token that is populated during the restore phase of Palm's updater. You will have to put the 3 files in RAM until a MAC version is released.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    If you read after that there is a token that is populated during the restore phase of Palm's updater. You will have to put the 3 files in RAM until a MAC version is released.
    I have the 2 files, but what is the link to all 3 or just to AmrDecLib?
    I have the 2 files, but what is the link to all 3 or just to AmrDecLib?
    The three files that will not be there
    amrdeclib
    carrierdb
    networkdb
    I think all three are in the beginiing pages of this thread.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

The three files that will not be there
    amrdeclib
    carrierdb
    networkdb
    I think all three are in the beginiing pages of this thread.
    The file that is missing is amrdeclib
    I'll post it later tonight

The file that is missing is amrdeclib
    Is this what your looking for?
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...6&postcount=13
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    oops, Thanks I forgot.

I have read whole thread but I have one question:
    I've build Custom ROM with English only, after HR I have CBD=249 and DelCarSetDb-DcsD.prc in RAM, but not only, there is AmrDecLib.pdb.
    As I understand AmrDecLib.pdb shouldn't be there but it is there.

My ROM was made from extracted ace-palmos.zip from pdb files I've captured during official European updater.

And another question, does any one looked on what DelCarSetDb-DcsD.prc actually do?
    When you start argue with a man try walk a mile in his shoes, after that, who cares - you're in his shoes and he's a mile away.
    Quote Originally Posted by hash
    I have read whole thread but I have one question:
    I've build Custom ROM with English only, after HR I have CBD=249 and DelCarSetDb-DcsD.prc in RAM, but not only, there is AmrDecLib.pdb.
    As I understand AmrDecLib.pdb shouldn't be there but it is there.

My ROM was made from extracted ace-palmos.zip from pdb files I've captured during official European updater.

And another question, does any one looked on what DelCarSetDb-DcsD.prc actually do?
    You are i the exact same state I was in at first. Did you remove all but one lang? I think the file there removes the new carrierdb's. If you uncheck resourcedb for that file and save it will reset and you will have 255 and that file will be gone.

If you only have one lang the solution is to add in 8 files that cause the lang selection. there is a list out there.

You are i the exact same state I was in at first. Did you remove all but one lang? I think the file there removes the new carrierdb's. If you uncheck resourcedb for that file and save it will reset and you will have 255 and that file will be gone.
    Yes I've done that my question wasn't about that.
    If to read whole tread AmrDecLib.pdb should be missing as carrierdb and networkdb.
    If you only have one lang the solution is to add in 8 files that cause the lang selection. there is a list out there.
    Sadly but that isn't option, I'm not making that ROM only for me but for the part of Russian forum I'm modering now, so I need to make it "Perfect".
    Last edited by hash; 02/16/2006 at 12:54 PM.
    When you start argue with a man try walk a mile in his shoes, after that, who cares - you're in his shoes and he's a mile away.
    Yes I've done that my question wasn't about that.
    If to read whole tread AmrDecLib.pdb should be missing as carrierdb and networkdb.
    Sadly but that isn't option, I'm not making that ROM only for me but for the part of Russian forum I'm modering now, so I need to make it "Perfect".
    I always had amrdeclib it is not directly tied to CAP issue.

To make it perfect after a hard reset you HAVE to have two langs.

Now I've get it, about AmrDecLib.pdb.
    About CBD=255:
    I've compared RAM before use of DelCarSetDb-DcsD.prc and after, diference is:
    CarrierProfiles2
    HSTraceDatabase
    NetworkProfiles2
    psysLaunchDB
    Queries
    SavedPreferences
    UnsavedPreferences
    And so we need only to replace in ROM: CarrierProfiles2 NetworkProfiles2, and maybe HSTraceDatabase?
    As I understand that files is not present solely in ROM and are generated upon first boot or power on of GSM module?
    So maybe we could try to found and replace information from witch they generated?
    Now I've get it, about AmrDecLib.pdb.
    About CBD=255:
    I've compared RAM before use of DelCarSetDb-DcsD.prc and after, diference is:
    CarrierProfiles2
    HSTraceDatabase
    NetworkProfiles2
    psysLaunchDB
    Queries
    SavedPreferences
    UnsavedPreferences
    And so we need only to replace in ROM: CarrierProfiles2 NetworkProfiles2, and maybe HSTraceDatabase?
    As I understand that files is not present solely in ROM and are generated upon first boot or power on of GSM module?
    So maybe we could try to found and replace information from witch they generated?
    carrierdb and networkdb are not in ROM they are created from other files in ROM after a hard reset

carrierdb and networkdb are not in ROM they are created from other files in ROM after a hard reset
    I've manage to find the way CarrierProfiles2.pdb and NetworkProfiles2.pdb are created in RAM, they both stored in CarrierCustomizationLib.prc.
    I've attached patched to CDB=255 CarrierCustomizationLib.prc file.
    I'm yet to find were DelCarSetDb-DcsD.prc are hiding in ROM to eliminate it, because now it useless.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hash; 02/17/2006 at 11:14 AM.
    I've manage to find the way CarrierProfiles2.pdb and NetworkProfiles2.pdb are created in RAM, they both stored in CarrierCustomizationLib.prc.
    I've attached patched to CDB=255 CarrierCustomizationLib.prc file.
    I'm yet to find were DelCarSetDb-DcsD.prc are hiding in ROM to eliminate it, because now it useless.
    I would realy like to verify this. But the zip seems to be corrupt. Can you post just the .prc?

Uploaded prc in previous message.
    And that was not a zip, it was 7zip, GPL archiver with it own format, forum don't know 7z extension and I've added zip extension in hope that 7zip or WinRar are spread in the world well enough.
    My mistake, sorry.
    Last edited by hash; 02/17/2006 at 11:22 AM.
    Uploaded prc in previous message.
    Thanks!

So far so good. I have a couple things to check. If that works you will be a hero!

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast