Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    If anyone has the James BT 1.13 Rom and wants to resolve the 255 issue. You might go over to the thread mentioned by Mike.
    I think the fix is just to add those 7 Langs back in.
    P.S. Please ignore the despute.
    Thanks
    This ROM was full version so the files are already there. If this version of the ROM is fixing BT issues I can post a new one that resolves the 255 and added the BT files.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    This ROM was full version so the files are already there. If this version of the ROM is fixing BT issues I can post a new one that resolves the 255 and added the BT files.
    Are you going to make if for just those who want the 1.13BT, right?
    Because I don't think it's an acrosss-the-board issue. Some might just prefer the 1.20BT.
    If I mis-spoke please forgive?
    English is my only lang
    Just call me Berd.
    Are you going to make if for just those who want the 1.13BT, right?
    Because I don't think it's an acrosss-the-board issue. Some might just prefer the 1.20BT.
    If I mis-spoke please forgive?
    English is my only lang
    Correct. Just a BT version like before. I will make one, should it be stripped or full?
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Correct. Just a BT version like before. I will make one, should it be stripped or full?
    Hi James

Full version would be fine for me with the 255 issue resolved & 1.13BT.

You and cranium are doing a fantastic job.

Unlike Palm. I asked them how to fix my BT issues & they replied:
    "The only way to get rid of an upgrade is to send the unit in for repair. However this will be considered out of warranty because it was your own choice to install the update."

What a load of***************

Not supporting their own official update.
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201

Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    James, well done and thanks.

I have the official firmware loaded. I then added the emoticons back with your fix (it's just in RAM).

I'd like to run this custom rom, stripped, but have the fixes, Blazer, Versamail & Calc.

I'm afraid I'm confused which file to download. I have about 3 of them downloaded already, and I don't know which one to use.

T650 on TMobile.

Thanks,
    Dim-Ize
    Quote Originally Posted by Dim-Ize
    James, well done and thanks.

I have the official firmware loaded. I then added the emoticons back with your fix (it's just in RAM).

I'd like to run this custom rom, stripped, but have the fixes, Blazer, Versamail & Calc.

I'm afraid I'm confused which file to download. I have about 3 of them downloaded already, and I don't know which one to use.

T650 on TMobile.

Thanks,
    Dim-Ize
    That would be Cust2. If you didn't download it this evening redownload it as I did make a change to it earlier today.

Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    James,

TY.

For me, the custom ROM works perfectly for install (meaning the installation works without hitch). But, I just can't get the carrier to go to 255. Ugh! Sill 249.

Everything else is just the way I want it though (fixes, ROM set, stripped, etc.,).

But, phone is working fine, very stable, and I'm not seeing any data issues.

FWIW:
    Backup
    Hard Reset
    Official ENA
    Hard Reset (just to confirm CDb)
    Your firmware (nice job, man, card stays in until digitizer screen (step 3out of 4 I think))
    CDb 249

I guess I could load them into RAM, but they won't be there if the phone ever resets...

Dim-Ize
    Last edited by Dim-Ize; 02/03/2006 at 11:31 AM.
  9.    #189  
    James,

TY.

For me, the custom ROM works perfectly for install (meaning the installation works without hitch). But, I just can't get the carrier to go to 255. Ugh! Sill 249. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...s/confused.gif

Everything else is just the way I want it though (fixes, ROM set, stripped, etc.,).

But, phone is working fine, very stable, and I'm not seeing any data issues.

FWIW:
    Backup
    Hard Reset
    Official ENA
    Hard Reset (just to confirm CDb)
    Your firmware (nice job, man, card stays in until digitizer screen (step 3out of 4 I think))
    CDb 249

I guess I could load them into RAM, but they won't be there if the phone ever resets...

Dim-Ize
    Did you run the Palm updater first? In order to get 255 on Hard Reset, you must run the official updater first, then run any of the current custom ROMs.

Let us know your results. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    Yes, CraniumFrank. I ran the official updater first - prior to the custom ROM. It always had CDb 249. I have an unlocked Cingular running on TMobile.

I guess I could try it again, start to finish... I wish it had worked, though...
    Yes, CraniumFrank. I ran the official updater first - prior to the custom ROM. It always had CDb 249. I have an unlocked Cingular running on TMobile.

I guess I could try it again, start to finish... I wish it had worked, though...
    Ok, If your desperate,
    Maybe Try Starting from scratch
    Zero-Out Reset.
    Flash something older like 1.23
    Do Not Sync w/ PC
    Do not Restore from Card
    Then try The 'Latest' Custom
    Make sure it's the latest.
    Turn on phone.
    See what you got.
    Remember;
    Don't Sync w/ pc & don't do a restore
    Don't use the Custom You've been using,
    Download James' Latest.
    Don't restore from anywhere.
    See what you get then.
    Just call me Berd.

It was the file form this link not any other one?
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...&postcount=564

Ok, If your desperate,
    Maybe Try Starting from scratch
    Zero-Out Reset.
    Flash something older like 1.23
    Do Not Sync w/ PC
    Do not Restore from Card
    Then try The 'Latest' Custom
    Make sure it's the latest.
    Turn on phone.
    See what you got.
    Remember;
    Don't Sync w/ pc & don't do a restore
    Don't use the Custom You've been using,
    Download James' Latest.
    Don't restore from anywhere.
    See what you get then.
    Duh, I forgot to think about that. The carrierdb's definietly always restored 249 to mine.

It was the file form this link not any other one?
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...&postcount=564
    Dim Ize,
    If answer to James is yes,
    Then Try my suggest.
    I'm Sure your getting Frustrated
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    You guys are so awesome. Thanks (collectively) for your attempts to help.

Since I'm setup and running with a clean system (flawless for me), I just copied the files to RAM. I'm going to make a seperate folder on my card and just move them if (and when) I ever get a hard reset - restore from card, then copy those files into RAM.

I can't get it to work otherwise.

Thanks,
    Dim-Ize
    Thanks James, you and cranium are both fantastic.
    You guys are so awesome. Thanks (collectively) for your attempts to help.

Since I'm setup and running with a clean system (flawless for me), I just copied the files to RAM. I'm going to make a seperate folder on my card and just move them if (and when) I ever get a hard reset - restore from card, then copy those files into RAM.

I can't get it to work otherwise.

Thanks,
    Dim-Ize
    If your saying you were able to get 255 manually.
    Then that should be fine.
    I did it that way for awhile.
    Why is it such a concern to have 255 after Hard-Reset?
    We are all going to do a restore to get back our other stuff anyway, right?
    Just call me Berd.
    Hi James

I've just installed this rom and still have carrier DB of 249 & CC-Cap is still blank.

I followed your 8 step sd method, but without the restore from backupman (yet).

Should I run the official update first, or is it ok doing it after a zero out on a previous custom rom?

Have I missed something?
  19.    #199  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeProcter
    Hi James

I've just installed this rom and still have carrier DB of 249 & CC-Cap is still blank.

I followed your 8 step sd method, but without the restore from backupman (yet).

Should I run the official update first, or is it ok doing it after a zero out on a previous custom rom?

Have I missed something?
    You need to run the official updater first, then use either James stripped, or my complete custom ROMs to get 255 after hard reset.
    That's ok. I'll do that tomorrow. I've never looked Treocental using the Treo before. It's actually ok. When I restored my data it put back the 255 files so I'm able to browse. It's surprisingly fast, but that's because the site is optimized for mobile use. Vodafone UK is not an edge network unfortunately.