Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Before (1.13) a message was split up automatically into several SMS if the total length was more than 160 character. Since the update messages does not do this anymore but limits a message strictly to 160 characters. That means if I want to write more I have to start another message. Pretty annoying actually.

Anyone else with the same experience or a fix?
    No, I'm not experiencing that problem. However, my phone numbers are all in 5555555555 format (both dialing and my phone book) rather than 555-555-5555. The update doesn't hyphenate my numbers. Quite annoying, too.
    oops -I just figured it out - if anyone one else is having the same problem, here's the fix.

Dial Preferences > check the North American Dialing box.

Quote Originally Posted by jlee6
    No, I'm not experiencing that problem. However, my phone numbers are all in 5555555555 format (both dialing and my phone book) rather than 555-555-5555. The update doesn't hyphenate my numbers. Quite annoying, too.
    Go to Dial Preferences in the Phone app and select "North American Dialing" to turn on hyphenation. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif
    I haven't been able to get my SMS to split since getting my Treo and after this latest update even though my carrier (Fido) supports it. in fact all my phones handled split SMSs. there is no option to turn this on or off. I suspect the carrierprofile or networkprofile files contains the SMS limit. any way the files could be looked at and modified?
    I'm not having this problem either. Using a Malaysian SIM card.
    I think the problem is only for people using the unlocked GSM Treo 650 on a carrier who doesn't sell the Treo. which means the carrier profile wouldn't contain info for that carrier. is anyone, with this problem, on a network which doesn't offer the Treo 650?
  8.    #8  
    Well, I am on a network that does not sell Treos. Like most networks in the world. But I do not agree with you assumption as messages with more than 160 chars are actually not a network feature but a phone feature. Therefore it looks to me more like a bug. And as this is not Windows bugs are not features!
    I experienced this same problem several months ago, and it turned out to be a problem with Cingular's network. I created a trouble ticket with the Product Management Dept., and they told me that their network engineers where looking into it. A few days later I was able to create SMS over 160 chars and have them automatically broken-up upon pressing send. HTH

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=sms+160+chars
    I have no problem sending SMS messages larger than 160 chars.

I am using 1.20 ENA software & T-Mobile as my primary service provider. T-Mobile does not offer the Treo 650.

What CarrierDB version are you all showing? Can anyone confirm this SMS issue with CarrierDB 255?

Check thru Phone App > Menus > Options > Phone Info > More.
    Last edited by CraniumFunk; 01/22/2006 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Might be related to a Carrier DB version issue
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I havent had the split issue, but I was wondering, after my update there is no way to have the smiley faces animated in my chats. i wanted to know if other people are experiencing this issue, and also if someone has found a way to turn it on...
    Yes that is a change. No one I have heard from has changed it.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by CraniumFunk
    I have no problem sending SMS messages larger than 160 chars.

I am using 1.20 ENA software & T-Mobile as my primary service provider. T-Mobile does not offer the Treo 650.

What CarrierDB version are you all showing? Can anyone confirm this SMS issue with CarrierDB 255?

Check thru Phone App > Menus > Options > Phone Info > More.
    1.20 ENA + T-mobile, also splits @ 160
    I am on COSMOTE a greek network that doesnt sell the Treo either. I have the same problem since the update I cant send SMS longer then 160 characters anymore. If ther is no solution for this problem I am thinking about downgrading my treo again. Has anybody found a solution yet??
    I have the SMS problem on a carrier DB 255. So that doesnt seem to be the solution.
    I'm having a different sms issue. All my SMS messages are dated and timed about 17 hours and 10 minutes ahead. Enabling and disabling local network time doesn't seem to make a difference. Also with this new update I am having many more random resets. It is getting very frustrating. Is there any way to go back to the old firmware version. My treo seemed a lot more stable then!
    Quote Originally Posted by Schulj
    I'm having a different sms issue. All my SMS messages are dated and timed about 17 hours and 10 minutes ahead. Enabling and disabling local network time doesn't seem to make a difference. Also with this new update I am having many more random resets. It is getting very frustrating. Is there any way to go back to the old firmware version. My treo seemed a lot more stable then!
    I'm also getting the time stamps like you, I installed the 1.20-LAP (for Australia) update.

Anybody else having SMS time stamp issues?

I must say though, I'm having fewer resets than before especially when using TomTom 5.

Richard
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by CraniumFunk
    I am having this problem with both 249 and 255 since the 1.20 upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheebhawk
    I havent had the split issue, but I was wondering, after my update there is no way to have the smiley faces animated in my chats. i wanted to know if other people are experiencing this issue, and also if someone has found a way to turn it on...
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=497
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

I have the same issue with 160 chars... I cannot type more than 160 chars in one SMS after 1.71/1.20 ENA with both 249 and 255 CarrierDB versions... Any help i welcome.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast