Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Is it possible to sync your Treo 650 on a Mac computer and a Windows one with the same User ID?
    Yes, but only on Tuesdays.
    Yes - have you tried?
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Yep.. I do it every day. OS 10.4.4 and XP Tablet
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osxman
    Yes - have you tried?
    Yes, I did try. I downloaded the sync software from the Palm Web site. I received a message about Cobalt---my PC could not sync with a device that contained Cobalt... to that effect.
    Sounds like you have a more simple problem - getting your Treo to Sync with your PC. It's not a Mac or PC issue.

What 3rd party apps do you have on your Treo? Why did you have to download the app from the Palm website? The SW on your Treo's CD is the correct version. You need to be careful with the downloadable software as the correct version is critical. Also note the website download doesn't have some conduits like Media (for photos).

What are you using to sync your Treo with your Mac? iSync conduit or Mark Space's 3rd party app?
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I'm using Missing Sync on the Mac.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osxman
    Sounds like you have a more simple problem - getting your Treo to Sync with your PC. It's not a Mac or PC issue.

What 3rd party apps do you have on your Treo? Why did you have to download the app from the Palm website? The SW on your Treo's CD is the correct version. You need to be careful with the downloadable software as the correct version is critical. Also note the website download doesn't have some conduits like Media (for photos).

What are you using to sync your Treo with your Mac? iSync conduit or Mark Space's 3rd party app?
    I downloaded the SW from the Palm CD, but I am still having difficulty. Should I create a different user ID for the Windows desktop?
    What's the error message you're getting on the PC when you try to sync? Why don't you post the HotSync Log the PC program generates?
    I use Guest PC and have had no problems syncing with Windows. If u don't mind me asking, why do you want to sync with Windows(yuck yuck) rather than MAC(#1)...
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coolemt
    I use Guest PC and have had no problems syncing with Windows. If u don't mind me asking, why do you want to sync with Windows(yuck yuck) rather than MAC(#1)...
    I was anxious to update my unlocked GSM to the new 1.20 version. I guess I'll wait for the Mac version, whenever Palm decides to post it, which may be another millennium....