1.    #1  
    Ugh. So - since this update, I've had nothing but problems.

I did the update on a fresh Treo with no 3rd party apps. And now for no reason, my Treo will be sitting on the desk and randomly reset. FOR NO REASON.

Anybody else?

Thanks,

Ryan
    What does #*377 dial tell you for the cause of the crash?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    "A crach occurred on 1/21/06 while running Messaging. Fatal Exception"

Yippie!
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    I've been having the same problem lately. its happening much more frequently though for some reason.
    I've deleted suspected 3rd party apps but the problem is still there.
    ill be reading a web page and suddenly, for no reason I'm aware of, the treo screens goes white, followed by a "please wait" and then returns to the web page I was viewing. weird.
    it will also reset when I simply hit any hard button after putting it down for a while. punching in ##377 after each reset has brought up calc, calendar and xiino - all programs which never caused resets in the past.
    its strange.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Are y'all running Resco Locker? I was getting resets when someone sent me a message - turned off locker and that reset vanished.

Applications disabled so far as a result of this upgrade: Resco Locker, PXAClocker.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    no I don't have resco installed. I do have volumecare - updated version - which I thought was stable now, verichat, xiino, handmark express, agendus, and of course, versamail. I never had problems with these in the past though.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    I have had no resets since updating to the 1.20/1.71 in normal operation since
    I deleted all Blazer files except for bookmarks, there are problems upgrading the older files.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    What does #*377 dial tell you for the cause of the crash?
    What do you mean by that? Sorry I'm a newb
    Just type that code in using the dialpad screen (like you"re dialing a phone number) and it will give you some very helpful info about your last crash.

Quote Originally Posted by cs_z
    What do you mean by that? Sorry I'm a newb
    I was pressin the wrong numbers...it's ##377 for sprint no wonder #*377 didnt work.
    Last edited by cs_z; 01/21/2006 at 05:45 PM.
    for gsm, type #*377 and press 'dial' - the phone will bing once and show a window displaying information about the last crash.
    Quote Originally Posted by cs_z
    I was pressin the wrong numbers...it's ##377 for sprint no wonder #*377 didnt work.
    Hi cs_z, hope you are not here thinking about using this upgrade. Your Sprint phone is CDMA and this upgrade is strictly for GSM phones. If you try to use this it will probably just refuse to run but it may also turn your phone into an expensive paperweight.
    When I first performed the update, mine was resetting over and over. I performed a hard reset, then loaded all the apps one at a time instead of re-syncing the old back-up. It's time consuming, but mine is rock solid now.
    Unlocked/Unbranded GSM Treo 650
    1.71/1.30 ENA, HW A
    T-Mobile Total Internet
  14.    #14  
    I've solved my reset problems by REINSTALLING the update using my active hotsync profile as opposed to creating a temporary profile.

Since then, the unit has been solid for at least five hours.
    By: jamesgangut at Yesterday 01:53 PM

I have had no resets since updating to the 1.20/1.71 in normal operation since
    I deleted all Blazer files except for bookmarks, there are problems upgrading the older files.

I learned this the hard way today. Any time I attempt to cut corners by installing a backup preference file (e.g. unsaved or saved preference, phone favorites, blazer bookmarks, etc), I get repeatable resets while opening or running blazer. This is even more repeatable when multitasking with PTunes playing in the background.

I finally have a stable 1.20 device, but manually adding all of those favorites is too much. It's bad enough to do a clean install with 3rd party apps.

So Ryan, are you able to successfully upload backup files/settings after reinstalling the upgrade using your standard hotsync ID? I used a temp ID during my upgrade.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
  16.    #16  
    I just ended up deleting applications (or you can move them to your SD card) and leaving all the other preferences alone. Free up 14MB - then run the installer again. Then once the update is complete - I just copied back over my applications and my Treo has been rock solid now (not a single reset) ever since and that was about a day ago now.

Before this, I had constant random resets and all kinds of various little bugs here and there. The only bug I can see leftover is the emoticon bug.

Hope this helps.

Ryan
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanWPowers
    "A crach occurred on 1/21/06 while running Messaging. Fatal Exception"

Yippie!
    I had the exactly same problem. After a lot of testing I discovered that Volume Care 5.20 was creating the reset on incoming message, with consequent message loss.

After a test I restored an "SMS resetting 1.20ENA backup", deleted VC 5.20 and the issue gone.
    I can not figure out if and why VC is creating this issue.

What about you?
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim