1.    #1  
    I just got my Treo 650 and badly need a way to read PDF files that are emailed to me. The option of opening them on a computer first and converting them will not work for me. I have read about Picsel Browser but cannot find it or know for sure if it will work.

Can anyone tell me what my options are? Help is very much appreciated.

Clay
    PalmPDF - http://www.metaviewsoft.de/en/Softwa...eware/PalmPDF/

It really is the OneTrueWay.

There's a for-pay upgrade to DocumentsToGo that'll do it, too, but it really doesn't compete on this one feature.

If one digs around enough, there's still a trail back to hacked versions of PicselBrowser ripped from the Clie that works on the Treo, but it's a fragile install and prone to crashing. Seems the author's of that one are publishing a general commercial release soon, but it appears to be on hold at the moment.

Go with PalmPDF
    If for some reason you don't want to install the above program and have a gmail account, you can forward the email to your gmail and access gmail from your treo and be able to view your attached pdf file.

Easier to install palmpdf but the above works too.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Now that Palm PDF is out, is there any reason to keep the bootleg Picsel Viewer on the Treo?!
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    I am guessing you already tried the Adobe Reader that came with the treo? Otherwise palmpdf, which requires no conversion
    LOL Never mind me, I can't read
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    Now that Palm PDF is out, is there any reason to keep the bootleg Picsel Viewer on the Treo?!

I moved it to the memory card with PowerUp and use it every now and then as a web browser for complicated websites or as a picture viewer. Other than that, not really.

I wish they would have gotten on the ball and released it offiically for Palm they could have made some money, their website has been announcing it for ever now. I probably will never buy it because of PalmPDF.
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT

Once the offical Picsel viewer if released, it will be by far the overall BEST Pdf and document viewer for the Treo and other palmos devices. It is much faster, slicker and smoother than DTG8 which is slooow as molassas. PalmPDF is coming along and you can't beat the price, but it is still very limited when compared to Picsel. Of course, there will always still be a central need for full viewer/editing apps like DTG, QO, etc...but as a viewer Picsel is quite good imo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by bklech
    PalmPDF - http://www.metaviewsoft.de/en/Softwa...eware/PalmPDF/

It really is the OneTrueWay.

There's a for-pay upgrade to DocumentsToGo that'll do it, too, but it really doesn't compete on this one feature.

If one digs around enough, there's still a trail back to hacked versions of PicselBrowser ripped from the Clie that works on the Treo, but it's a fragile install and prone to crashing. Seems the author's of that one are publishing a general commercial release soon, but it appears to be on hold at the moment.

Go with PalmPDF
    One feature that's still missing (od did I miss this?) in PalmPDF is the capability to reflow the text to fit on the small Treo screen, which DTG8 does. Helpful if you try to read a book on your Treo.
  11.    #11  
    Thnaks for the help. I downloaded it on my Treo 650 and it works great. A co-worker with a 650 tried it and it crashes when opening a PDF. The screen briefly flashes "do pcenative call", and then goes back to the picak a document screen. We are running the same version of PalmPDF and Palm OS. Any ideas?
    Ask the author in the forum he hangs out in:

http://www.1src.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A