1.    #1  
    I may need to change cards soon. If I do what it says in this thread, http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...rogram+SD+card

isn't there a chance of messing up the new card so that my device won't read what's on it? Since the new card will be inserted on my laptop first(I have an on-board card reader)? I've seen many threads where the card reader messed up the card so it could only be read on the computer. Is there a more mishap-proof method? Fortunately, I don't have a lot on the card and could probably just re-enter some stuff just in case, but I'd like to try to duplicate everything the "lazy" way. Thanks!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    When I got my new card, I put my old card in a card reader and used Palm File Browser to make an exact copy. This let me format on my Treo. I renamed my card the same as my old. The only problem I had was I now have two cards listed with the same name in my desktop software.
  3.    #3  
    I'm not sure I want the same name on 2 different cards. Are there any other methods?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    You don't have to name them the same. I did it because I was hoping the transition would go smoother. Turns out it didn't really matter. You shouldn't have any problems with another name.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks! I'll try that then!

Many have reported that the only way to get a card to work properlu for them was to format it first in the Treo. Many other shad no luck this way, including myself, and had to format it in card reader.

I have copied stuff to the desktop, formatted the card and then copie dit back w/o losing anything....including TomTom maps registration which TomTom says shouldn't happen. Suppossedly, if you format the card and copy the mapos back, it'[s suppossed to make you reregister....I didnt have to