Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    We're starting to see more reports of audio problems related to the 1.20 GSM update. In addition to the lack of .amr ringtone playback, several people are reporting that videos taken with the Treo play back silently (though if the file is uploaded the audio plays on a PC). I'm beginning to think they screwed up the AMR codec, and that must be what's used for playing back camera video. Note that other videos (i.e. Kinoma, TCPMP) play audio fine, as do .MID and .WAV ringtones.

Please check your Treo by recording a video with the built-in camera, then see if you can hear the audio, and report back.

Thanks!

Bill
    Mine does't work either even after a clean hard reset. They (Palm) must have screw up again !!!
    Just tested a video recording and the sound plays ok on the Treo...
    Frimware 1.20 LAP
    My Treo seems to be affected too. TCMP works with sound of previously recorded videos. The Media application doesn't.

Firmware 1.20 ENA
  5.    #5  
    OK, for those of you who aren't getting audio with video recordings made on the Treo, can you try the following as well?

Download the very small attached .amr audio ringtone to your Treo (either through Blazer, or to your PC and email it to VersaMail, or send it via IR or Bluetooth), and allow it to be opened by the Sounds application. Then from within Sounds click on PlingPlong and see if you hear anything (as you should on the other sounds). I'm guessing you won't. You can then delete it from within the Sounds application if you care to.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    You're guessing right. No sound playback with that file.
  7. lua
    ok with video and amr on 120-lap.
    IIIx to Treo650. Now that's Quantum Leap.
  8.    #8  
    OK, it looks like LAP works OK, but ENA doesn't. I wonder if it's possible to determine what's missing from ENA and grab it from LAP.

I have sent an email to Palm tech support, incidentally, will report back here if I get a response.
  9. lua
    one thing that i notice with the new 120-lap which didn't appear on 113-row - there is a file "AmrDecLib" listed under the "delete" filelist of the default launcher.

this didn't appear on the 113-row, although i have no problem playing video and amr with 113-row, too. i am assuming the file previously resides in rom and somehow it is now in ram ... for whatever reason (upgradable? for quality/performance improvement?).
    In RAM I have no AMR libraries. According to RescoExplorer there are only two related files in ROM:

Amr
    AmrEncLib

No instance of AmrDecLib to be seen.

The delete filelist of the default launcher shows neither of them.

>Firmware 120 ENA / no amr sound<
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I flashed from 1.13 ROW to 1.20 ENA and my movie audio recording and playback works fine. I did flash after a hard reset and used a blank new user profile.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    oh... my playback volume had defaulted to very low, almost off. Could your problem be as simple as that?
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
  13. lua
    here's the amrdeclib i mentioned. not sure how to install it - probably need to go via sd card copying.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Many thanks for the zip file. Prior to testing your file I decided to flash the Update again. This time without a leading hard reset.

What should I say, now it works. I checked if there's a AmrDecLib to be found in RAM and now it IS! ROM looks the same as posted above.

How could that be? I'll try a hard reset later today to see if the AmrDecLib file is disappearing.
    BTW, now this file is shown in the delete filelist of the default launcher too.
    Ok, installed AmrDecLib into RAM but had to do a soft reset to make it work. Thanks lua.
    as you said -I recorded but no soud heard VIA Treo 650- could not copy amrDecLib as it is aleady there! What can i do to correct?

thanks

Bruno
    Quote Originally Posted by brunono2
    as you said -I recorded but no soud heard VIA Treo 650- could not copy amrDecLib as it is aleady there! What can i do to correct?

thanks

Bruno
    In the media app click on the speaker icon and make sure the volume is turned up. As mentioned above it seems to default to almost off. If that is not the problem try deleting your existing AmrDecLib, installing the one here and doing a soft reset.

Hope that helps, i'm lost beyond that.
    I'm running treo650-1.20-ENA and all my videos recorded on my treo before and after update all have perfect sound.

Are the people that are having sounds problems, did they upgrade via palms method, or the SD method? I upgraded from the last official firmware to the new firmware using the palm sync method.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone
    OK, for those of you who aren't getting audio with video recordings made on the Treo, can you try the following as well?

Download the very small attached .amr audio ringtone to your Treo (either through Blazer, or to your PC and email it to VersaMail, or send it via IR or Bluetooth), and allow it to be opened by the Sounds application. Then from within Sounds click on PlingPlong and see if you hear anything (as you should on the other sounds). I'm guessing you won't. You can then delete it from within the Sounds application if you care to.
    I can only save this file to my SD card. When I try to save it to the internal memory I get an "invalid file type" message. Any suggestions?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast