1.    #1  
    On another thread someone said that Versamail came on ROM in the later or latest generation of the 650... My Versamail came on the CD, not pre-installed. It had some basic "Mail" program though...

I bought it in December '05 -- do I have the older gen treo 650?

P.S. A friend of mine has a Treo 650 from Sprint, his shell is darker than mine... do diff carriers have different shells or did they used to have a darker shell?
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Different carriers have different "shells" as you put it. That does not necessarily indicate different vintage although I am not sure how far along the manufacturing process all of them go together and then when they branch out into carrier specific changes. In either event, if yoiu go into the phone app, and hit info, it should tell you what revision you have but I am pretty sure it will say A

rob
    Quote Originally Posted by jmgilliam
    On another thread someone said that Versamail came on ROM in the later or latest generation of the 650... My Versamail came on the CD, not pre-installed. It had some basic "Mail" program though...

I bought it in December '05 -- do I have the older gen treo 650?

P.S. A friend of mine has a Treo 650 from Sprint, his shell is darker than mine... do diff carriers have different shells or did they used to have a darker shell?
    I have a sprint 650 and everyone i know that has a treo has a sprint (except 1 person) and they all came with Versamail installed. i got my Treo in Feb. 05' then my wife got one months after.............and they latest one around 1 month ago.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Didn't Verizon include versamail on the cd rather than in ROM?
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein