1.    #1  
    I saw a post on another sub forum about the inability to delete Versamail because it was in ROM. Can you not simply "delete" it using the delete app function?? What am I missing?

It was installed via the CD that came with my Treo.... so once I install it, I can't delete it -- is that true with any app...

MG
    Quote Originally Posted by jmgilliam
    I saw a post on another sub forum about the inability to delete Versamail because it was in ROM. Can you not simply "delete" it using the delete app function?? What am I missing?

It was installed via the CD that came with my Treo.... so once I install it, I can't delete it -- is that true with any app...

MG

Which Treo do you have? On the 650, versamail was installed on rom but on earlier gen Treos, it came separately on the CD...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    650 - it was on the CD

But I just bought it in December '05. Does this mean I got an older generation phone???

MG

P.S. A friend of mine has a Treo 650 from Sprint, his shell is darker than mine... do diff carriers have different shells or did they used to have a darker shell?
    Last edited by jmgilliam; 01/21/2006 at 01:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmgilliam
    650 - it was on the CD

But I just bought it in December '05. Does this mean I got an older generation phone???

MG

P.S. A friend of mine has a Treo 650 from Sprint, his shell is darker than mine... do diff carriers have different shells or did they used to have a darker shell?

Ok, I understand now. The software bundles for the 650 are different for different carriers and thus some may install versamail in rom, like Sprint, and others may not. Another example, Sprint 650's have BC connect software (based on seven) in rom while Cingular 650 have Xpressmail and Verizon 650 have yet another different email client. Also, the cases of gsm treos and cdma treos are different as well.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions