1.    #1  
    Besides the fact that .ogg is open source and readers are usually free....

What's the technical benefit of .ogg? I ripped a few songs using mp3 and ogg at the same bitrate, both in stereo and the mp3's were SLIGHTLY smaller. Since mp3's are a more dominant format...I can't see a real reason to go with ogg since my player can handle both formats.

Am I missing something?
    Ogg is cooler. There is no licensing to rule over the format. I myself use mp3 and non-drm mp4.

In some cases Ogg will be better than Mp3. It depends. Here is some information on Ogg.[Wikipedia]
    Palm m125 > Palm Zire 71 > Tapwave Zodiac 1 > Palm Zire 72 > Sharp Zaurus SL-C1000 + 4gb MicroDrive + Palm Tungsten T|3 (1100mah)
    Palm screen repair guide for Zire 72 and T|C.
    MobiltyBeat
    PalmInfocenter moderator
    Palm Help Forums moderator
    Sharp Zaurus SL-C1000 for sale!
    Yes - you can often find higher audio quality with Ogg Vorbis over MP3 given the same bitrate/file size (or the same audio quality as MP3 but a lower file size than a comparable MP3). I have good ears and can't tell the difference on my home stereo between most of my 5MB MP3s and my Ogg Vorbis files which are each 2MB or less - big advantage right there.

Here is some more info on the benefits of Ogg Vorbis: http://www.vorbis.com/faq/
    ime, ogg may be slightly better and/or slightly smaller, but mp3 dominates the scene. There is nothing sexier than a 192kbps mp3 encoded with lame. just mho
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.