Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    When I first signed up for Verichat..they said annual renewal fee is $19.99 a year. I received a renewal notice today and had a link to their site with a renewal fee of $24.99 which is the same as if you buy it. Has anyone been able to get the $19.99 price for renewal?
    I like the idea of Verichat, enjoyed it as a trial, but wouldn't pay more than $9.99 for it, which is why I don't have it.
    I bought Verichat, but didn't realize it required a renewel license. Once my subscription expires, I will NOT renew. The software is decent, and it's worth a ONE time purchase. Renewel doesn't make sense.

How many other users have neglected to renew? Is there any comparable program available as a replacement?
    I purchased verichat, and am on the list of people not willing to pay $24.99 for a renewal... It's not a good value at all.
    I removed VC today and loaded Agile (mentioned in one of the other topics). It gives me AIM, MSM, YM, and ICQ for the nice price of free!
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    Fkng Verichat makes my Treo crash like crazy and I haven't seen any new updates lately. And now they want $25 for an upgrade.... I have until the 30th to get something else that has all those features. Somebody please list all the Chat programs available.
    I like the program, but the annual fees are just too much.

Al
    Chatopus, Mundu etc are all cheaper alternatives as well...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    In their defense: Verichat runs entirely through a proxy server. Someone has to run that server and it has costs associated with it.

For me, it's a required business tool and one that's even hard to replicate on Windows Mobile. The MSN Messenger client on WM doesn't hold a candle to Verichat nor does it talk to AIM. Yahoo or ICQ.

I *need* MSN and Yahoo. ICQ and AIM (.mac) are nice extras.
    I'm a confused:

Agile Messenger costs 2.99 per month charged by premium SMS.
    You may also purchase Agile Messenger from 2checkout for 19.95 one time.

A free 7 day trial may be downloaded below.

http://www.agilemobile.com/downloads.html

After looking at the other 3 sites, i think Chatopus seems to be the best choice...i think

Oh well I will have to wait till October 6th 2006 (approx) until I make a movement
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    I like Verichat -- it's worth the $25/year. And, with a little luck, Verichat will soon support Jabber/Google Talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    After looking at the other 3 sites, i think Chatopus seems to be the best choice...i think
    Chatopus seems nice - just recently bought it myself to get away from the constant verichat resets and the lame, seemingly un-turnoffable message popups. Few drawbacks though. Finding a public jabber server with working transports, or getting your own server up and running (once again, with working transports) is turning out to be quite a little PITA. Most non-geek type people are not going to have the patience or tolerance for this.

Two other minor annoyances are not being able to join jabber group chats (being able to join IRC "group chats" was one of my hopes for this software) and not being able to click links (or even the ability to stylus-copy URLs).

All in all, I do like it and it's potential. With that being said, I'm going to give agile a try...
    does agile run using SMS or Data?
    Been using it since treo 300 days. Tech support is good and prompt. Most my treo issues had nothing to do with Verichat. Its served me well........I will renew come time!!
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    I'm a confused:

Agile Messenger costs 2.99 per month charged by premium SMS.
    You may also purchase Agile Messenger from 2checkout for 19.95 one time.

A free 7 day trial may be downloaded below.

http://www.agilemobile.com/downloads.html

Oh well I will have to wait till October 6th 2006 (approx) until I make a movement
    Looking at that site, the only Palm version is the Beta that I got free a long time ago and have never paid for. The version I have works fine EXCEPT (and a pretty big except) if a voice call comes in while using it, my 650 will reset.
    I upgraded. It's amazing how cheap people can be (sorry if you're offended, but it just irks me). $25 is nothing to pay for this type of service/year. I mean, what's $2.08/month? I get a bottle of juice for about that amount, and the juice is gone within a day or two.

Once you understand that you're paying for the servers, it makes this service worth it for those who need to use an all in one service similar to Trillian (by the way, I pay for that too, very much worth it for my PC). Verichat isn't the most stable, and I've complained about it too, but it's the best and nicest interface out there for me.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I think I am also on the boat as far as I will renew this software. There is very little software that I use and that I rely upon and one of them is Verichat and the other is Chatter. I don't see a problem with paying them $25 a year, they do have servers to maintain and updates to make and R&D to do to continue to put out this great product. All I really have to say is keep up the great work!!!! Verichat and Chatter!!!
    Verichat rocks!!! And with the bots for getting flight information, zip codes, language translation, currency exchange, weather, etc... It is an excellent tool!

Pay the $25 and use if for a year until there is a better alternative.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    How long is Verichat initially good for until you have to renew anyway?
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    12 months to the date that you purchased it.
    Yeah, that was a dumb question. Sorry. Anyway, I almost never use Verichat anymore. It's a cool app though, no doubt about it.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast