1.    #1  
    guys, i dont understand this, the phone feature keeps turning off by itself... i dont know why. i turn it back on, then in 2 hours or 10 hours it would turn back off. I didnt flash the rom, didnt do anything.
    GSM? Could be a loose SIM tray.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  4.    #4  
    thats what i need, but i have a Rogers phone, but my provider is FIDO. unless i can order directly from Palm, Rogers wont do anything.

I just got the 650 a weeks ago, still figuring it out.
    How would i save the battery life? any tricks? like turning off screen when talking, i am just guessing.

Games, I found an emulater for NES (nesem) installed demo, but i cant figure out how to transfer the nes games to my treo memory, i dont have an SD CARD.
    Search for Keyshades for a free software to turn off the keyboard lights when not needed.

Reduce screen brightness

Turn off Bluetooth and Infra Red receive if not needed

Turn off the radio (the phone part) when not needed.

Finally, the standard hotsync cable will triclke charge the Treo 3-4% / hour from the USB port even when the wall charger is not plugged into it.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  6.    #6  
    if i turn off the phone part, then no one will be able to call me, which would really make the whole product useless for me.

How about the rom games, how do i transfer it? and can i turn off the screen when talking?
    The latest Cingular firmware will turn off the screen after 30 seconds of talking.

You should turn the radio off when in an area where there is no coverage (like deep in a building). That'll prevent the Treo from hunting for signals, which is very power-hungry process.

Look for TreoHelper, which can automate many such things.

What happens when you try to copy game the files over using QuickInstall?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  8.    #8  
    Quick install says not a palm file, or treo file. I would update the firmware, but i am afraid of killing the phone. is there an update which is not cingular, not branded one i mean.
    There has been a brand new ROM update for non-branded GSM phones.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...reo650updater/
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    There has been a brand new ROM update for non-branded GSM phones.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...reo650updater/

I installed it, still same problem, phone turns off. I placed a peace of paper under simcard to give it better grip, still turns off. I am out of ideas.
    Me too. I can't think of any reasons other than other than

lose SIM
    weak signal
    bad hardware
    software conflicts

Software conflicts can be eliminated for troubleshooting by doing a hard reset (which resets the Treo to factory conditions, losing all data). There is nothing much you can do about the other causes than exchanging the unit.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM