1.    #1  
    This may be a silly question but.... who is this update for?

Is it for everyone or just those with unlocked Treos?

and what is it suppose to correct/change?
    At the end of your message your signature says "Check out my website"

I suggest you check out the Palm update website. It answers all of your questions.

By the way, yes, it is a silly question.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop
    This may be a silly question but.... who is this update for?

Is it for everyone or just those with unlocked Treos?

and what is it suppose to correct/change?
    It is not for "unlocked" Treos, aka, Treos that started their life as provided by Sprint, Cingular etc but had their subsidy lock removed.

It is for unbranded Treo's that you purchase from Palm directly, and can be used with any carrier without needing to be unlocked.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    It is not for "unlocked" Treos, aka, Treos that started their life as provided by Sprint, Cingular etc but had their subsidy lock removed.

It is for unbranded Treo's that you purchase from Palm directly, and can be used with any carrier without needing to be unlocked.
    Actually, according to posts in another thread (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=104776) , it can be applied to any GSM phone. It will work just fine on a Cingular-branded phone that has been unlocked, and now has, for example a T-Mobile SIM card.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    That's a long thread! As far as I know, most official updates check the 3 letter string in the firmware. A locked or unlocked Cingular phone still has the identifier CNG or CNB.

Will the 1.20 update install on such phones? Or does it insist on ROW and ENA?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I have a Cingular locked phone and after many trials I got the firmware to upgrade to 1.71, but the software would not budge from 1.17-CNG