Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I need another 1gb, and maybe even a 2gb. I'm only interested in Kingston, Transcend, Patriot and ATP. I've heard only good things about ATP, so that may be a given. I also have a Kingston(the Elite Pro), it seems good enough to me, but others say they aren't so great on speed. What do you all think? And what's your experience with Transcend and Patriot(this one seems YMMV from other posts, but I have one).

I did a search, but don't really have any conclusive answers except for ATP. The other brands have reviews like night and day, from other posts. Thanks for any help you can give me!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I need another 1gb, and maybe even a 2gb. I'm only interested in Kingston, Transcend, Patriot and ATP. I've heard only good things about ATP, so that may be a given. I also have a Kingston(the Elite Pro), it seems good enough to me, but others say they aren't so great on speed. What do you all think? And what's your experience with Transcend and Patriot(this one seems YMMV from other posts, but I have one).

I did a search, but don't really have any conclusive answers except for ATP. The other brands have reviews like night and day, from other posts. Thanks for any help you can give me!
    Yes i know what you said Miss Lady, but, Lexar is great i bought 3 and no problems at all (1gb, havent tried 2gb yet)

Lexar 1GB SD Card

Lexar 2GB SD Card 40x

Lexar 2GB Plat. 40x

Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  3.    #3  
    Then I'll consider that brand too.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Check this thread:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...5&highlight=SD

I am using a 2 GD 150X A-Data BTW.
    Seems there is no brand that has been a dream for everyone. Every brand has been trouble for some. Ive never had any issues with my 512mb, 1gb, or 2gb SanDisk Blue cards.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.

Stay away from Transcend. 2 cards down, and others with similar problems. It doesn't just not work in the Treo, the Treo will kill the card.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Check this thread:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...5&highlight=SD

I am using a 2 GD 150X A-Data BTW.
    Thanks! I did see that thread, but it reminded me I should read the reviews on Newegg. Kingston, my preferred, seems to be doing well there.

Lady Treo,

I have the Kingston Ultimate 2GB. Works great. I haven't seen any issues with transfer rate (120X). I've had it 3 months now and use it all the time. I'll vouch for Kingston!
    Last edited by enynite; 01/20/2006 at 03:34 PM. Reason: oops...actually only had it for 3 months
  10.    #10  
    I think I may end up going with Kingston too. Although sometimes I wonder what I'm going to put on a 1 or 2 gig. You guys on TC talked me into it!

But has anyone used just 512 for programs and backup only? I may put media files on the higher cards. I can see how they take up space.

Quote Originally Posted by chedlin
    Stay away from Transcend. 2 cards down, and others with similar problems. It doesn't just not work in the Treo, the Treo will kill the card.

In Transcend's defense...
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...ight=transcend

I have a few of these 2gb cards with NO issues... and they are swapped out all the time.
    Has anyone tried the 4GB cards yet? Will the Treo handle it? Or is it limited by the OS?
    "I want my 2 dollars!"
    - Better Off Dead -
    Since all the Treo can see is FAT16....and the maximum that FAT16 can format is 2 Gigs ....a 4 GB ain't gonna do ya any good.
    I think I may end up going with Kingston too. Although sometimes I wonder what I'm going to put on a 1 or 2 gig. You guys on TC talked me into it!

But has anyone used just 512 for programs and backup only? I may put media files on the higher cards. I can see how they take up space.
    You jest...

I wish they had a 40 gig card. I'd fill that up too.

Hundreds of ebooks.

Lots of MP3s

Kinoma MPEG=4s.

There's no shortage of things to fill it up with.
    If it doesn't have a slot for SDHC--I don't want it. Period.
  15.    #15  
    I'm not so sure I want all that. We shall see. Maybe for a long flight, I'll get the 2gb and load all that. But for day to day, I think 512MB-1gb should be enough since all I usually load is programs and select MP3s. I have a case, so I can store 2 different cards if need be.

I'm not so sure I want all that. We shall see. Maybe for a long flight, I'll get the 2gb and load all that. But for day to day, I think 512MB-1gb should be enough since all I usually load is programs and select MP3s. I have a case, so I can store 2 different cards if need be.
    You know it's like a computer hard drive. when you have the room, you find things to do with it. There's no reason NOT to carry more MP3s--that's the whole point of the far bigger Ipods. You have CHOICES when the whim strikes you...
    If it doesn't have a slot for SDHC--I don't want it. Period.
    All,

I have a unlocked cingular treo 650. I bought the above memory. The Treo recognizes the memory. Will format. However, when I copy applications to the SC card, they copy without error, but I cannot see them under card info.

It shows that the number of items on the card in the card info screen under "Application Directory". It does decrement the memory available. It recognizes that it is a secure digital card with a device id, but does not recognize the manufacturer.

Has anyone else had this problem? I am on v.5.4.0 Card Info. Plam OS Garnet v.5.4.8.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Nothing you've described really sounds like a problem. You're not supposed to be able to "see" individual applications with the CardInfo utility; it just displays information about the card.

To find/launch the applications on your SD card with the standard PalmOS applications launcher select the Card category from the dropdown list at the top of the screen. If you've renamed the card then the category will show up as the name you gave the card with a little SD icon.
    Samsung SCH-8500 & Palm m515 --> Treo600 --> Treo650 --> Treo700p --> Epic4G (all on Sprint)
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Why only think of 2Gb card? Price is so cheap now. I got 2 of 4Gb 150x Transcend with $125/ea (actually have $30/ea MIB, but Transcend denied to hornor it b/c I forgot included invoice. Can't re-send either, suk!)

The only problem with this high capacity SD card (so called SDHC) is some card reader didn't regconize it correctly. But it's ok if you use on Treo 650 (custom ROM with FAT32.prc) and card reader application www.mobile-stream.com

I'm thinking of 8 Gb card now.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe
    Seems there is no brand that has been a dream for everyone. Every brand has been trouble for some. Ive never had any issues with my 512mb, 1gb, or 2gb SanDisk Blue cards.
    Same here...the blue cards do it for me too. Never had any issues.
    at&t iPhone3G
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast