Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Anyone have luck with this yet? I've read that a lot of people have had success with Cingular unlocked 650s but how about locked ones? Is the procedure the same and if not how have is been done.

Ed
    After many trials, I was able to get the FW to update to 1.71, but the software is still at 1.17 cing, even with shadowmites tool.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    So what does updated firmaware do for you? I see that no one else has posted trying this on a locked cingular 650. Lets try and figure this out.

I am currently using the 1.31 Firmware and the 1.15-CNG software. What were you running when you tried to update? I am thinking about installing the 1.13 GSM update, I did have it in before but I updated to the latest CNG update ( 1.17 I believe) and the volume on my Sony Ericsson HBH-662 headset dropped greatly so I reinstalled the 1.15 update so I could use my headset again. I did have a more stable phone with 1.17 installed however.

I would really like to install the new GSM update if possible any experts with suggestions?

Ed
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I had a unlocked cingular 650 with FW:1.51 , SW:1.17 , HW: A , CNG and I just followed the previous threads in the forums and downgraded to 1.23 and then ran the Unlocked GSM 1.20 updater from Palm and eveything worked just find.

The volume was very load, I had to turn it down to no bars, the Web was pretty fast - compared to previous. But I have not checked others things yet ... I am waiting a day and then I will put my apps back on.

So, far everything seems stable!!