Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi, I followed a thread to download mmplayer and pocket dvd player, all seemed to work but when i transferred to my phone it seemed to go thru but now I can not find it anywhere.....any thoughts?
    yes, do a search for the word 'movie' or 'mmplayer'.
    How'd you transfer it?
    mmplayer goes on the Treo

Pocket DVD is the software on the PC you can "rip" DVDs with to create a smaller version of the movie that will go on a SD card that can then be played mmplayer.

Cheers, Perry.
    Here are instructions on how to rip a DVD movie to your Treo 650:

http://mytreo.net/treofaq/RipDVDUsingFairUseWizard
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    And to go way off topic, your signature is freaking ignorant.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    I use the A1 DVD Ripper to compress the movies off of DVD into an MPG file and then use TCPMP to play them. You can google both to find the download sites.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    mmplayer is basically obsolete. TCPMP is free and much better.
    You transfer the file to your SD card and unless you're a glutton for punishment, use a card reader, not hotsync.
    I use Fair Use Wizard for DVDs and TiVO2Palm for tivo program ripping, then play them on the 650 with TCPMP. All three are pretty simple to use and doing transfers from my laptop go quickly, but I agree that you should transfer directly to the SD card and NOT use hotsync, unless you're a masochist.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe
    And to go way off topic, your signature is freaking ignorant.
    And your signature is freaking hilarious!
    Hmmm, since the can's already been opened, let me contribut by saying that I think there's a tiny bit of hypocrisy on this thread.
    Hi TonyMiller:I followed yr detailed suggestion step by step. Everything seems to go ok. But I am not able to see anything video so far using TCPMP, although I am hearing the audio. I have also tried to install some plugins including tcpmp_vorbis_plugin.prc: Ogg Vorbis package, support for .ogg and .ogm files and vorbis audio low accuracy..

Somebody please help. The file which is reipped is as .ogm file and is 300mb. Thanks a lot
    Treo, I love you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Nothing in my opinion compares to tcpmp; smooth, intuitive and FREE!
    As far as digression is concerned, you know Mossad and Al-CiA-da created "Bin Laden" and this fake bogeyman known as "terrorists" and "Islamic Extremism" to further their globalist agenda..Like you can't fool the real patriot techno-brats on this board.
    Just my two silver dollars!
    Hey guys, keep the video talk here. Got a problem with someone's sig, take it over to the 'Others' topic.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by neilweinrib
    Hi TonyMiller:I followed yr detailed suggestion step by step. Everything seems to go ok. But I am not able to see anything video so far using TCPMP, although I am hearing the audio. I have also tried to install some plugins including tcpmp_vorbis_plugin.prc: Ogg Vorbis package, support for .ogg and .ogm files and vorbis audio low accuracy..

Somebody please help. The file which is reipped is as .ogm file and is 300mb. Thanks a lot
    Sounds like an installation problem with TCPMP. I would delete it and install with the plugins. The plugins are explained in a readme file, if you want to make sure which ones you need.

Good luck!
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtswerg
    Hey guys, keep the video talk here. Got a problem with someone's sig, take it over to the 'Others' topic.

Agreed...anymore OT and this thread will be locked!

Anyway, I use TCPMP as my player. PocketDivx Encoder to rip vids downloaded from the web and PocketDVD to rip DVD's. I tried FairUse but found it rather complicated...

Anyway, the best way to transfer vids is to just use a card reader imo..

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I realize this is an older thread but I have some questions/problems, first I have downloaded and tried what has been suggested here, love the player, as for "FreeUse" I am haveing trouble, when it goes to the page to index the forward chain it says it is going to take 30 hours and 30 minutes, which is rediculous, can some one help me on this? Also I have tried Magic DVD ripper, it does a great job on mpeg rips which are almost to large, on the DviX rips they are tiled, am I doing somthing wrong? any help would be greatly appresheated.
    Thanks
    Terry
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    mmplayer is basically obsolete. TCPMP is free and much better.

+1
    I've tried all of the instructions in this thread on my 650 and can't get it to work. I'm obviously missing something. The file that is produced by FairUse is an avi file. I copy this to my sd card and then try to play the file usin TCPMP. I get an error message that the player does not support MPEG-4. I get another error that says it does not support MP3. I have added the plugins for both. What have I missed?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast