Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    I updated the firmware on my unlocked GSM Treo 650 today and noticed some new contacts:

Check Bill Balance, *225#
    Check My Minutes, *646#
    Customer Care
    Directory Assist
    Voice Connect

And a couple of others.

The Customer Care number that was added to my contacts goes to Cingular (my cell provider, though I have an unlocked GSM phone.)

I don't recall these contacts being there before this firmware upgrade.

And -- it doesn't seem that these contacts can be deleted easily. Does anyone know how to get rid of them?
    Those are coming from the SIM, I expect.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw
    Those are coming from the SIM, I expect.
    Yes, you're right: Those contacts were on the SIM card. I found an option that let's me not display contacts from the SIM card and they disappeared.

My recollection is that the Treo 650 can't use the SIM card address information -- or at least that was the case before this latest firmware upgrade. It looks like the new firmware allows users to copy contacts to and from the SIM card.
    I also noticed that after 1.20 update my contacts no long have dashes (a little annoying when trying to read numbers). Why is that and is there any way to restore the dashes??
    Ive always had those on my Cingular branded, unlocked Treo 650. I got mine about 9 months ago.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    By default the update seems to disable north american dialing option under the dialing preferences. Check that and you will get the dashes back.

Quote Originally Posted by jwein84
    I also noticed that after 1.20 update my contacts no long have dashes (a little annoying when trying to read numbers). Why is that and is there any way to restore the dashes??
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    By default the update seems to disable north american dialing option under the dialing preferences. Check that and you will get the dashes back.
    Great, that worked!!!
    I mentioned this over here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=104851&page=3

but the update did change the way the Contacts are presented. In Outlook, it uses parenthesis around the area code. My Treo Contacts used to be the same way. Now, if I select North American dialing, I see the dashes from the main contacts window but if I click on an item and look at the contact details, it shows the parenthesis. Strange...