1.    #1  
    Do you loose the Volume Care when you install new update?
    Actually, it's good to do a zero-out / hard reset before you do the update so you would loose everything installed on your Treo 650. Just do a backup of everything following the instructions on Palm's site.
    wow no do not reset anything.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    wow no do not reset anything.
    ? Why not? I would do a hard reset first too.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    I did a hard reset then updated and restored from backup. I still use volume care, haven't tried without it.
    the way I understood the question is that he needs to do a hard reset to update VC, the answer no to that question
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by vvpprr
    Do you loose the Volume Care when you install new update?
    VolumeCare does not need to be removed prior to updating VoluemCare to newer versions. Just *disable* the current version, then HotSync the new version into place.

If the question is will you loose VC if you do a ROM update? The answer depends on how you perform the ROM update. Personally, I am a big fan of backing up my Treo and performing a hard reset prior to any ROM update. Then restore from backup after the ROM update is complete. Either way, you can restore VolumeCare back onto your Treo again and use your same license key (as long as you keep your HotSync ID the same). If you change your HotSync ID, send me an email and I will get you a replacement key that is based off of your HSSN number. Much safer since there is no chance of loosing the HSSN if you loose your unsaved preferences file!

Jeff
    support@GoTreoSoftware.com
    Hey guys, I wasn't telling him to do a hard reset just to install a new version of VolumeCare. I thought he meant the new firmware / ROM update for the Treo 650 when he said "new update". Sorry about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Hey guys, I wasn't telling him to do a hard reset just to install a new version of VolumeCare. I thought he meant the new firmware / ROM update for the Treo 650 when he said "new update". Sorry about that.
    Looks like we both thought the same thing.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Looks like we both thought the same thing.

Jeff
    Me too.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions