1.    #1  
    Currently, I am using an Unlocked Cingular 650. I'm a T Mobile subscriber, and have their Unlimited Data package ($19.99). When under "Preferences", I go to to "communication" then "Network", and see that at the top, there's a drop down box that says "Service". In that, I see 1) Tmobile Internet 2) TMobile VPN and 3) Tzones.

i selected Tzones for the heck of it, and did some regular web surfing using Blazer-just as I would if I was on my usual "T Mobile Internet".

Here's my question:

Does that mean I can switch back to the regular TZones plan ($5.99) and have the EXACT same coverage? Doesn't Tzones allow me to web surf/check email. I use Chatter email, and I check often. Should I just switch back? And, even if I select "Tzones" from the drop down box, does that really switch me(in the Tmobile main database)? Sorry for the million questions.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I believe so, but you have to change up some Blazer settings. Just do a search for "T-Mobile Internet Proxy Settings" or something like that. You'll be able to read quite a bit about it.
    AFASIK, it depends on where you live.

talked with t-mo tier 2 and was told that I should not use T-zone, cause it might mess up something on the server side. I am also using 19.99 VPN plan.
  4.    #4  
    What is VPN? I see that in my "Network" service options, but i had "Tmobile Internet" selected. On the main "Network" Preferences page, it says "Locked" and there's a pic of a lock. I take it that means I can't change ports?
    i was using Unlimited a month ago and switched to "t-zones" and everything worked the same with no settings changes until recently. I no longer can stream audio consistently.

I switched back to unlimited... same thing!!! I think T-mo is having serious problems with their data connections. I am in N. California.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Are you saying 5 dollar a month T-Zone has the same unlimited data as the 20 bucks plan?

:-(

I shouldn't upgrade my service to unlimited data from t-zone. :-)
    Tzones has blocked ports. Some people have gotten around it with using proxy servers, others have be just lucky. The Internet plan and VPN plan do not block ports. As we were told by our rep the VPN plan gives you an IP address when connected where the Internet plan does not.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

2.99 and I have full internet w/ t-zones (I think the plan is up to 5.99 now)

You just need the proxy work-around.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    I have the unlimited internet and I can't stream... exactly what I had with the $5.99 tmobileweb.

The ports are definitly not blocked. I was able to connect to everything... just recently streaming became unusable with tmobileweb but not blocked. everything else still worked. No way they can block ports becasue it interferes with other services offered with tmobileweb. T-mobile web is not supposed to be availible to treo 600 users (they don't offer the 650).

If you have problems having the option avalible on the customer service website, change to a non smartphone data device.

I am going back to tmobileweb and will wait 'till their data issues get clear up. I think they may be taking over cingular's towers and are having trouble with it. Anyone call T-mobile to complain?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I'm using the 2.99 T-Zones with no problem.
    Are any of you T-Mobile users able to send/receive video messages with your 650? I can't. I've posted about it, but have yet to get a reply.(Here)
    Nonobeez, could this be due to the "data issue" you were referring to?
  11.    #11  
    I have the 19.99 plan, and can send video messages, as long as they are under 100K, which means the videos tend to be 5seconds (or so) long.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    i was using Unlimited a month ago and switched to "t-zones" and everything worked the same with no settings changes until recently. I no longer can stream audio consistently.

I switched back to unlimited... same thing!!! I think T-mo is having serious problems with their data connections. I am in N. California.
    I'm on T-Mo in Northern CA, and I have no problem streaming MobiTV, for example.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Huh. I've tried 2 second clips, wondering if size was the issue, but always the same thing: "Unsupported Content/3gpp".
    my issue was resolved with slow data connection. I called T-mo and they reset something.

I have to say T-mobile has awesome customer support. Their insurance carrier sucks the big one... After filing a claim in Oct they now tell me it was filed in Dec 15th. Check to be mailed next week... BS!!