Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
  1.    #121  
    I too notice that the BT volume seems lower. Battery life is definately shorter too.
    Quote Originally Posted by sydney_rpalmer
    Since the update to 1.20-LAP my received SMS text messages are time stamped 18 hours an 12 minutes ahead of the actual time received!

Wierd!

Anybody else seeing this?

Richard
    I'm getting this too with 1.20-LAP. Hoping that a clever jelybean on this list finds a solution because i'm not holding out much hope that palm support will have an answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by DHAnderson
    I did the update this morning.

After deleting many applications and pictures, I finally decided to hard reset and do a clean install. good thing that I did a hot-sync before starting this process.

All went smoothly and I am in the process of adding my applications one at a time.

The main drawback is that because I did a Hard-Reset I lost the pairing for my Bluetooth link to my Acura TL. I tried re-pairing and now the TL gets all the way through the process and gives an error stating that pairing cannot be started from the phone. It happens right after my 650 says the connection is complete and the TL is asking for the name of the phone.
    I was able to repair my '04 TL with no problems. And the good news is my Treo no longer crashes when dialing from the car. Prior, it would soft reset about 75% of the time I initiated a call from the car. Now it works flawlessly!
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy
    i simply cannot get the new update to work. gets stuck at 'updating treo ROM' which is supposed to take 15 secs. never moves from there. and i can get out of it. this is after the refashing bit. very odd. anyone else had this?
    I had this problem, too, yesterday when upgrading from 1.43. The solution was to downgrade to 1.28 and then run the Palm update.

By the way, video captured by camera did not generate any sound on my Treo. Has anybody been able to resolve this issue?
    <br>
    "What counts most in creating a successful team is not how compatible its players are, but how they deal with incompatibility." - Sports Illustrated
    OK, I updated to 1.20 a few days ago, and have noticed a number of changes.

First off, my battery life has also taken a hammering - it is draining noticeably faster than it was with 1.13. I run BatteryGraph, and it claimed over 2 hours of on time yesterday - and I don't recall using the Treo for more than an hour. I suspect this is related to Bluetooth use with my car kit.

I have a Nokia Bluetooth car kit, and with 1.13, the car kit would activate when you start the car, the Treo would turn on, and after a couple of minutes (i.e. the Treo timeout) the car kit would turn off again (i.e the light went out) - if a call arrived, however, the Treo would wake the car kit and transfer the call. Now, the light on the car kit is on constantly when I have the Treo in the car - the screen of the Treo turns off, but whenever you turn it on manually, the Bluetooth icon is active. I suspect the BT radio is now on constantly when in range of a paired car kit or headset, and that is what is draining the battery. Why they've made this change is beyond me, as it seemed to work fine before - I may go back to 1.13 for this reason.

Also, with 1.13, the pairing between my VAIO laptop and my Treo so I could use the Treo for GPRS wireless access was seamless - once set up, the VAIO would automatically pair with the Treo and connect with no intervention. With 1.20, I have to re-enter a passcode on the VAIO and on the Treo every time I try to dial up to GPRS, which is really irritating.

Also, I now get CardBackup locking up maybe 1 time in 2 when it tries to back up a file called SMS Messages 2 - again, this never happened under 1.13.

The only improvement I've noticed is a slight reduction in hiss in the earpiece when on a call, but for me, the upgrade seems to have been a step back. Does anyone know if you can run the 1.13 updater on a Treo with 1.20 to go back to the older version? I may do that, as the battery life and BT connection issues are a pain, and I can't see any advantages to the new firmware.
    The upgrade is great. However: do yourself a favor, and do a clean upgrade/install. The Palm instruction state NOT to restore from a SD backup, and to use the Hotsync method, but to be on the safe side, I would rename the user folder and then restart from scratch. If you don't, experience shows that your Treo may go into the reset loop or otherwise become unstable.

Results
    - Better volume, tho Volume Care will still pump up the volume so that you can easily hold a conversation next to formula 1 racecar;
    - No more db cache trouble. The Treo manages memory much better now. The price you pay tho, is a prolonged white screen on occasion, as the cache is being cleared. For instance: try opening Blazer after you have been using your Treo for some time (i.e. and the cache has filled up). You will get a white screen for a few secs before Blazer starts. The Treo is then busy clearing the cache.
    - Very stable. Very!

Good luck everyone
    - Wouter
    Quote Originally Posted by spl23
    I have a Nokia Bluetooth car kit, and with 1.13, the car kit would activate when you start the car, the Treo would turn on, and after a couple of minutes (i.e. the Treo timeout) the car kit would turn off again (i.e the light went out) - if a call arrived, however, the Treo would wake the car kit and transfer the call. Now, the light on the car kit is on constantly when I have the Treo in the car - the screen of the Treo turns off, but whenever you turn it on manually, the Bluetooth icon is active. I suspect the BT radio is now on constantly when in range of a paired car kit or headset, and that is what is draining the battery. Why they've made this change is beyond me, as it seemed to work fine before - I may go back to 1.13 for this reason.
    I have a Sony Ericsson HCB-300 BT carkit and it worked great with 1.13, but it won't work with 1.20. It pairs ok, but won't transfer calls consistantly, either incoming or outgoing.

Palm still haven't got the BT thing right.
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
    I emailed Palm about my problem with pairing with my Acura and they responded with instructions that were slightly different from what I was doing. I followed their instructions and voila! The pairing worked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    I didnt use any of the pre - release roms, so upgrade from 1.13.

It went smoothly.

I backed up to sd card.
    I hard reset.
    I synced and selected another name.
    Ran the patch using the second name.
    Hard reset again.
    restored from sd.
    fyi. i just got my first reset (snapper) since i did this upgrade on the 19th.

i cant complain about battery life because when I'm at home or at work it spends most of its time in a cradle.

with my way of doing the upgrade, I do have the old carrier db files. what am i missing by not installing the newer ones?

thanx.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    i updated to the 1.20-LAP version firmware then i noticed that using
    any philippine simcard as receiving the sms and using globe/sun
    cellular as the transmitting simcard, their messages are time-tagged
    7 hours ahead and while using Smart Telecom simcard it is the correct
    time. i downgraded and upgraded using 1.20-ENA and still i got the
    same results. anything that can help me on this one? i really want
    to upgrade to 1.20-LAP but i can't and i won't because of the
    problem.
    The weather in Richmond, B.C. is

The weather in MY Place is

For Car and Pictures Enthusiast!
    http://www.ngkhai.net/cars
    http://www.ngkhai.net/cebupics
    Afte installing this update I noticed two things:
    1. Huge battery drain, since BT is always off (don't have a BT headset)
    2. Applications button acts in a very strange way. If I press it repeatedly it only displays the "All" listing. before I could see "All", "Office", Main", "Card", etc. Any ideas?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hystory: Alcatel OT Easy --> Nokia 5110 --> Alcatel OT Pocket + Visor Platinum --> Siemens ME45 --> Treo 650 --> Treo Pro
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567