Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Today I noticed a HUGE battery drain, and I don't recall using my phone more than normal. Maybe the Bluetooth update? Anyone else notice this?
    Have been using apr upgrade for awhile. No sound in self recorded video either on preview in camera app or in media app. Don't usually record any so didn't notice until reading the complaints here and trying it out.
    I see the same thing, including doing a hard reset, updating using Palm updater (only, no custom ROM), thus with a fully clean system. I'm also finding that my .amr ringtones won't play, though .mid (most of the built-in ones) and .wav play fine. Sounds like perhaps the built-in video uses .amr codec which isn't right in the upgrade...
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I did the upgrade last night, which required a hard reset first. No custom ROM.

I have no sound problems, but when I tried to use Hourly4Cast (it gets an hour-by-hour weather forecast), there was no Java, even though it was there before. Using Filez, I could see the Java files on the Treo, but couldn't figure out how to make it show in applications. I had to reinstall Java, which caused a reset as the hotsync completed, but now IBM Java shows up and Hourly4Cast works okay.

It doesn't really seem that there's any big volume improvement.

I gained some free space, so I installed PDANet and PDAReach. The battery is going down faster than usual, but I'm guessing it's because of playing with these apps. I'll know better over the next couple of days, when I have less time to play and only use my day-to-day stuff.
    Upgraded ok but Blazer is not connecting to Vodafone UK now. Versmail works fine to collect email . Any ideas ??

Did update and restored data from Back up man on SD card

Thansk
    Me too. After the latest 1.71/1.20 update, I get no sound on videos recorded with the camera app. If I transfer them to my PC, they work fine (with sound).

Nice going, Palm. Why are these ROM upgrades always one step forward, one step back? WHERE THE !@^%$ IS YOUR QA DEPARTMENT?

Treo 650 - Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Firmware:01.71
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdan333
    Me too. After the latest 1.71/1.20 update, I get no sound on videos recorded with the camera app. If I transfer them to my PC, they work fine (with sound).

Nice going, Palm. Why are these ROM upgrades always one step forward, one step back? WHERE THE !@^%$ IS YOUR QA DEPARTMENT?
    Camera video sound works fine here after the 1.20 update. I see you have a Cingular GSM Treo. The 1.71/1.20 update is for Unlocked GSM.

Tre650 - Unlocked GSM
    Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Firmware: 01.71
  8. dyn
    When playing the video I also don't have sound. I looked at the volume setting and it was set at it lowest (=off?). I turned it up and I got sound.
    I also haven't got any problems playing AMR files.

Regarding the sound problems, take a look at cyclone's topic.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    So far my only issue is the stupid solid red light.. Is there an easy step by step on how to fix this?
    Last edited by temna; 01/21/2006 at 11:14 AM.
    Unlocked Treo 650 (Nov 05) BTW: T-Zones sux!
    Quote Originally Posted by jberger
    So far, Bluetooth is much improved for me.

Using a Moto hs810 headset and Incoming/Outgoing calls are automatically transfered from the phone to the headset, all the time. Also, I can make more than 3/4 calls from the headset without needing to reset the phone. (It would lose my headset connection in the past and required a warm reset to correct).
    I actualy liked it the way it was before.
    If I got an incoming call I could chose where to answer it by clicking the headset or the Treo. Now it goes directlly to the headset.
    Same goes for outgoing calls.
    Anyone knows how I can get back the option to control the answering device?

BTW - I use a Moto HS820
    Yes, crop, I agree! I want control over Bluetooth pickup! Why did Palm do this? Yet another one step forward, two steps back ROM update. Thanks Palm.

Treo 650 - Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Firmware:01.71
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Seem to be getting more frequent resets. Particularly,just after I've come out of Blazer. According to KeyGTime+ my NVFS is 7.2MB when I start Blazer and 9.3MB as soon as I exit Blazer. There's a much longer delay opening Blazer while it flushes the NVFS.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I think the bug that randomly mutes the system volume has been fixed. Any body else find this?
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    i simply cannot get the new update to work. gets stuck at 'updating treo ROM' which is supposed to take 15 secs. never moves from there. and i can get out of it. this is after the refashing bit. very odd. anyone else had this?
    Yup. I have the same exact thing. And I also did what the help file said to do (press the center button, and it will hard reset, and hotsynch again and the updater will automatically create a new temporary user - but even after going through that, it still gets stuck at "updating treo ROM"....
    Really bad QA on Palm's part.
    I cannot get past this, either. Just won't work.
    Did y'all make sure you had 14mb open RAM before starting the update?
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Ok, I'm an *****.. The solid red light was because it was plugged in.. I did notice some speed upgrade from being online.. I did also notice it being flaky.. Error b702 or something.. Not sure what was up there..
    Unlocked Treo 650 (Nov 05) BTW: T-Zones sux!
    Saw a report at mytreo.net that one person found tht his Piloc localization no longer worked after the upgrade? Anyone else experience this?

Thx,
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by temna
    Ok, I'm an *****.. The solid red light was because it was plugged in..

ha ha ha
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast