Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 131
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by tmt
    ?? Works fine here. Don't you mean #*SIGNAL though?
    OK, #*SIGNAL does work. I was referring back to my original Shadowmite post where I guess I had transposed my digits

    My upgrade/restore went fine using the Hotsync method - didn't need to restore via SD card. Looks like I was one of the few lucky ones.
  2. lua
    lua is offline
    lua's Avatar
    Posts
    88 Posts
    #42  
    anyone having issue with card export ii after the update? been getting dis-connection from my win xp desktop since the update ...
    IIIx to Treo650. Now that's Quantum Leap.
  3.    #43  
    Didn't incoming calls and Contacts used to have dashes between the area code, prefix and suffix? If so, this is an interesting change with the new update.
  4. #44  
    I'm actually having problems with iSilo 4.28 after the update. Basically launching a document cause a soft reset? Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Or alternatively is iSilo 4.28 working for anyone?
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wireless_Guru
    First of all they mention "Make sure you have 0.6MB (600KB) Free Memory on your smartphone". I couldn't install the updater untill I had over 14MB free. I originally had 8MB free, so I had a lot of clean-up and deleting to do.
    Actually, to be accurate, their web site says:

    "This update permanently takes up about 0.6MB (600KB) free space."

    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...lockedgsm.html

    Which, of course, refers to memory usage AFTER the upgrade. Unfortunately, I could find no reference to how much memory was needed BEFORE the upgrade and I, like everyone else, found this out through trial and error. Maybe they don't want to admit that you have to clear out all your apps before you can do this

    zlauncher's "Move to Card..." really saved me some time here...

    Regards,
    Mike
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wireless_Guru
    OK, #*SIGNAL does work. I was referring back to my original Shadowmite post where I guess I had transposed my digits

    My upgrade/restore went fine using the Hotsync method - didn't need to restore via SD card. Looks like I was one of the few lucky ones.
    what does this do? what do the the numbers mean?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  7. rfg17's Avatar
    Posts
    204 Posts
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wireless_Guru
    Didn't incoming calls and Contacts used to have dashes between the area code, prefix and suffix? If so, this is an interesting change with the new update.
    I belive the setting for North American Dialing under Dial Preferences has changed to default to off. If you check that option, you will get the prior behavior.
  8. #48  
    great catch
    that fixed it!
  9. #49  
    Yes, thank you. I was going to bring up the same issue. I did notice something odd, however. In Outlook, all my contacts use parethesis around the area code, so that is how it shows up in my Treo contacts, if you select the contact details screen. If you just look at the main screen, you just see dashes, if you select North American dialing.
    Outlook (214) 555-1212
    Treo contacts screen 214-555-1212
    Treo contacs details (214) 555-1212

    This is different than it used to be.

    Also, I have noticed an odd VC issue. With VC enabled, the system volume and ringtone volume is very low. If I disable VC, the volume is acceptable. This is also different than it was before. I am running 4.30. I tried adjusting the back speaker option but it didn't make a difference.

    My Treo seems much faster overall. The screens change lightening fast and the best thing is the dialing is much faster. I used to get ahead of the Treo and it would miss some of the digits when switching between contacts to dialing a number.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by beebleb
    I'm actually having problems with iSilo 4.28 after the update. Basically launching a document cause a soft reset? Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Or alternatively is iSilo 4.28 working for anyone?


    I am using 4.2 and no problems.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by gregb882
    I am having trouble, however, getting LEDOff working correctly.
    It seems that I have to select ALL of a category otherwise the one I want won't work. I had originally just selected "Mail" and "Voicemail" in the "Alerts" category, but then mail wouldn't work. If I select all of the alerts, the mail alert works just fine.
    Unlocked/Unbranded GSM Treo 650
    1.71/1.30 ENA, HW A
    T-Mobile Total Internet
  12. #52  
    Anybody experienced this or it's just mine? After I installed the update, I cannot hear any sound when playing a video.
  13. emen8's Avatar
    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    #53  
    Sorry to go off on a tangent, but has anyone with the latest update seen the taxi?
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by karipay
    Anybody experienced this or it's just mine? After I installed the update, I cannot hear any sound when playing a video.
    My sound works fine for video taken by the Treo camera app. Is that what you mean?
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    My sound works fine for video taken by the Treo camera app. Is that what you mean?
    yeah. I cannot get any sounds when playing videos taken by my treo. Can you think of a solution? I did a hard reset and even went back installing the 1.20 update from palm but still no luck getting sounds from the videos. I can hear sounds when playing pocket tunes and kinoma. I can also tell that the mic is working properly after I played the clip i recorded using mvoice. Do you think this is a hardware or software problem? Thanks!
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by karipay
    yeah. I cannot get any sounds when playing videos taken by my treo. Can you think of a solution? I did a hard reset and even went back installing the 1.20 update from palm but still no luck getting sounds from the videos. I can hear sounds when playing pocket tunes and kinoma. I can also tell that the mic is working properly after I played the clip i recorded using mvoice. Do you think this is a hardware or software problem? Thanks!
    I have the same problem as you. Did you update with the custom ROM ?
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenChoi
    I have the same problem as you. Did you update with the custom ROM ?

    I updated using the following sequence.

    1. I Used the custom ROM.
    2. I used the official update from PALM (since the custom ROM is not giving the correct Software version number.
    3. I used the custom ROM to get rid of Real player, tutorials and other languages.
    4. I noticed that no sounds are coming from the videos I've taken using my treo.
    5. I ran again the official PALM update and recorded a brand new test video but still no luck getting any sounds.
    6. I downloaded the recorded video in my pc and ran it using quicktime and I can hear the sounds. The only problem is when playing it using the treo that I'm not getting any sounds.
    Last edited by karipay; 01/20/2006 at 11:55 PM.
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005
    I am using 4.2 and no problems.
    Hmmm... Deleting all my app preferences seems to have fixed it. Upgrade to 4.3 for good measure.

    Oh, and though it's a pretty noise place here, I don't seem to have sound from camera captured video either..

    Pocket Tunes works fine of course.
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by work2fish
    Actually, to be accurate, their web site says:

    "This update permanently takes up about 0.6MB (600KB) free space."

    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...lockedgsm.html ...
    I copied and pasted that quote from this page http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...edgsm_win.html when I posted it. They have since corrected the page.

    Luckily Avantgo was about 5MB - and I only had to remove a few other small programs besides it.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    what does this do? what do the the numbers mean?
    That's what a lot of us have been trying to figure out. For those who are used to seeing Field Test or Netmonitor screens on other phones, the Treo's GSM version doesn't have such a utility, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions