1.    #1  
    I'm looking for some feedback on how the volume is with the 1.20 update.

Still need VolumeCare? Echo issues? How does it compare to 1.71 and other 'unofficial' updates?

I have seen that MobiTV doesn't have volume after the update to 1.20. Anyone else have app specific volume issues after the update?

I haven't had time to update yet and want to learn how others are feeling about the update.

My major issue with 1.13 is low volume without VolumeCare. Does 1.20 fix this?

(Please limit this thread to volume isssues.)

Thanks
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    I'm looking for some feedback on how the volume is with the 1.20 update.

Still need VolumeCare? Echo issues? How does it compare to 1.71 and other 'unofficial' updates?

I have seen that MobiTV doesn't have volume after the update to 1.20. Anyone else have app specific volume issues after the update?
    I still need Volumecare but I like it loud. I don't think this was fixed though.

MobiTV works fine for me. No change from previous ROM. In fact, everything seems to work fine at this point from a volume perspective - except of course I still need Volumecare.
  3.    #3  
    So Junkie are you saying that, without VolumeCare, there is no difference in volume between 1.13 and 1.20? I thought the Cingular 1.17 and "unofficial" 1.71 both had significant volume fixes.

What gives? Anyone else?
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Sorry to hear about Your Volune issues, especially w/ your headache.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    So Junkie are you saying that, without VolumeCare, there is no difference in volume between 1.13 and 1.20? I thought the Cingular 1.17 and "unofficial" 1.71 both had significant volume fixes.

What gives? Anyone else?
    I am a locked Cingular user and did not see any volume changes with the firmware upgrades..I am now using the latest 1.51 /1.17 CNB
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    Sorry to hear about Your Volune issues, especially w/ your headache.

Now that you have stopped spinning, I'll learn to type

1.71 is definitly better that 1.51 and earlier as far as volume is concerned.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Here is a link to volume measurements that I just made with different Treo ROMs with and without VolumeCare. Interesting results.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...postcount=2194

Jeff
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I have upgraded and the first thing I noticed was the volume! It was too loud, I had to lower it to one bar or less. So, for me the volume is more then just better .. it is great!!