1.    #1  
    Hello, side by side comparison (in Southern Cali) where I reside,

I test both mobile EDGE speeds via broadbandreports/mspeed.

On the Treo, I max out at 55kbps ...while on the Cingular 2125, I get 297kbps!!!

Could it be that the Windows PIE is faster than the blazers? Or is it that the treo is bottlenecking in EDGE performance???
    Or something else was wrong... I get about 190kbit on my Cingular Treo.
    I'm getting ~145 Kbps on my unlocked GSM Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81

On the Treo, I max out at 55kbps
    Is 55kbps the best you have ever done? Im seeing speeds similar to the other posters in this thread.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    I get about 114 ~ 118 kbps on T-Mo's EDGE. For 10 bucks, that ain't bad...
    Last edited by av8ors; 01/19/2006 at 11:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81

On the Treo, I max out at 55kbps ...while on the Cingular 2125, I get 297kbps!!!

Could it be that the Windows PIE is faster than the blazers? Or is it that the treo is bottlenecking in EDGE performance???
    297k on EDGE just does not happen. I think you may be pulling from a cache on the 2125.

I don't doubt that PIE is faster than Blazer though....but you still should not be getting 297k.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by eflightcentral
    297k on EDGE just does not happen. I think you may be pulling from a cache on the 2125.

I don't doubt that PIE is faster than Blazer though....but you still should not be getting 297k.

If I can get a screenshot from my brother's htc 2125, I will TRY ...but I am certain on all tests (out of 5) it was consistent over 200...

Regardless, on further tests, my treo tops out at 112kbps, maybe if I am lucky 127kbps ...but never breaking the 200 point.

Saddening that the Blazer is slower than PIE WM 5.0. Another reason for me to convert to WM 5.0
    Troll elsewhere.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    Troll elsewhere.

Whatever Buddy. Take a look at my post history before you post your dumb judgements
    trim81,

I did side/side yesterday with a T650 and the new Blackberry 8700c that we have in the office...The blackberry is blowing away the T650 on edge both when running speed tests and when downloading webpages for viewing (blazer vs BB Browser)...interesting
    this is in San Jose, Ca
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by davisdog
    trim81,

I did side/side yesterday with a T650 and the new Blackberry 8700c that we have in the office...The blackberry is blowing away the T650 on edge both when running speed tests and when downloading webpages for viewing (blazer vs BB Browser)...interesting
    this is in San Jose, Ca

Thanks for the input davidgod.

The 8700c is looking like a nice alternative...too bad the cost of BB plans are kind of pricey...

I have heard good reviews on the 8700c, how did you like the unit overall? And how does it compare to a treo with one-handed operation?

PS. If anyone is interested, there is a FAR deal (2yr contract) on a BB 8700c @ Amazon, deal courteousy of Fatwallet.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...bosnation0e-20
    Quote Originally Posted by davisdog
    trim81,

I did side/side yesterday with a T650 and the new Blackberry 8700c that we have in the office...The blackberry is blowing away the T650 on edge both when running speed tests and when downloading webpages
    What kind of speeds are each getting on speed tests?
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    I have both 8700c and 650 ant the BB browser smokes Blazer handsdown. I wish Palm would fix Blazer. It can't be that hard.